Concierge Manager, Palisades Village
The Concierge Manager for Palisades Village is a guest / resident facing position, responsible for leading all Concierge Ambassadors, by example, to ensure five-star services and experiences. This position must have a passion for providing outstanding luxury hospitality and will be dedicated to Palisades Village and its valued guests and residents. This individual’s primary duty is to deliver an unparalleled level of service that surpasses all expectations in a professional, friendly, warm, and engaging manner. The Concierge Manager will orchestrate the flow of the lobby, foster ongoing positive relationships with tenants by delivering exceptional customer service, provide leadership support, offer assistance to the team, and train / coach staff as needed.
This position must be available to work Monday – Sunday, between the hours of 7AM – 10PM.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Fulfilling guest/resident/tenant requests including but not limited to: in-home dining orders, restaurant reservations, travel arrangements, maintenance requests, dry cleaning services, package delivery services, bell cart runs, and many other legal requests of which would be considered fulfilling the “full service” commitment.
- Developing new and creative approaches towards the guest experience and training Ambassadors on different methods to elevate the standards.
- Properly using and following the Radio Etiquette guidelines and correct Radio Call codes to perform assigned tasks and communicate efficiently amongst departments.
- Creating the ultimate in guest satisfaction by providing extraordinary service.
- Personally greeting guests in the lobby.
- Performing administrative duties relevant to the department operation.
- Scheduling and supervising Concierge & pre-arrival.
- Providing training and guidance with regard to Palisades Village and the department for Concierge, & pre-arrival.
- Following-up with guests who have concerns and challenges during their visit and continue communication in order to ensure that all issues are resolved.
- Effectively listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Working with property teams to evaluate and correct guest concerns.
- Attending all property meetings, operations meetings, and participation in the MOD program.
- Communicating, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and focused manner.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Fostering teamwork in an environment that motivates and sustains exceptional levels of performance.
- Soliciting employee feedback, and utilizing an "open door" policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Adhering to uniform guidelines at all times.
- Leading by example and ensuring all Concierge Ambassadors have clean and pressed uniforms that are worn in the correct manner.
- Greeting all guests with the Caruso Hospitality Standards and being informed of all necessary property information at all other Caruso properties. This involves reading and being aware of the Daily Discussion, utilizing SharePoint and following the hospitality steps of service on the Caruso Visionary card.
- Ensuring the all Concierge Ambassadors are upholding Caruso standards and following Caruso guidelines and reporting those that are not to the GM or Retail Manager.
- Properly resolving guest complaints through exercising “LEAP” from the Caruso Hospitality Standards.
- Coordinating guest and resident needs with other departments, as required, to ensure a seamless outcome.
- Directingandoverseeing theprocessofentering Card Linking / Caruso RewardsMemberRegistration, and communicating the benefitsoftheprogramto alltenants, residents, and guests.
- Workingwithandassisting the Marketing teamtopromotedifferent programs that Caruso and Palisades Village are offering.
- Managingtheinventoryand distributionofDailyParkingPasses.
- Communicating and documenting any guest/resident/tenant compliments, complaints, or additional feedback and providing follow-up to solve these issues.
- Recording and ensuring all requests from guests/residents/tenants in the designated data entry systems.
- Tending to any needs of the VIP Lounge and its guests.
- Carrying out VIP duties and responsibilities in the VIP Lounge when the VIP team isn’t present.
- Working closely with the VIP team to coordinate and assist with lounge access and staffing of the lounge when necessary.
- Being knowledgeable of the local demographics and the luxuries they might enjoy.
- Ensure monthly reports are completed and submitted to management.
- Collect the reconciliation of sales, including managing daily cash deposits as needed. This involves Gift Card and Special Event Deposits.
- Assist in managing all holiday activities including Santa/Bunny House/Parkside concierge staffing, technology, and sales, and any additional staffing for residential and property events.
- Prior management experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospitality setting.
- Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Professional and pleasant tone of service.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative, team spirit and positive outlook.
- Tenacious with excellent follow up.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload.
- Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills.
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Possess the ability to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”.
- Strong work ethic.
- Early morning, late nights and holidays may be required to support the operation and entire Concierge team needs.
- Knowledge of the immediate and surrounding areas for off-site guidance and recommendations.
- College degree preferred.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to speak clear and concise English.
- Able to push a Bell Cart or Flat Bed up to 30 pounds, sit up to 8 hours a day, walk up to 8 hours a day, and climb stairs.
- Equipment used: Phone System, Computer, Radio, Bell Cart or Flat Bed Cart.
- Must be compliant with Caruso Grooming Standards.
- Uniform provided must be worn properly and in accordance to the uniform standards within the policies and procedures of this role.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.