Manager, Public Relations
The Manager, Public Relations is a skilled full-time employee responsible for developing and supporting projects and activities related to public relations, communications, influencer engagement and community outreach. The position will outreach to all tiers of media including TV, print, web, and radio, across an array of verticals including lifestyle, fashion, food & beverage, retail-related, corporate communications, executive positioning and development.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Secure media placements in (primarily, but not exclusively) consumer-facing entertainment/hospitality categories
- Identify, craft and pitch relevant stories to a broad range of media – technology, business and consumer/lifestyle. Stories should align with our company vision and broaden awareness of the Caruso portfolio
- Leverage existing relationships with media and develop new relationships to benefit Caruso
- Draft press releases, media alerts and pitch media in several categories in multiple markets
- Support publicity strategy development and execute tactics
- Provide support for PR launches, reviews, awards and speaking programs, coverage reporting and contribute to the development of press and marketing communication strategies
- Analyze the success of programs and communicate results to support recommendations for future programs
- Daily oversight of Coordinator, Public Relations
- Actively engage as part of PR team with Marketing, Operations and Digital
- Liaise with tenants across the portfolio regarding public relations activities and needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related Public Relations focusing on consumer brands/products, entertainment, or hospitality
- Proficiency in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well with others and have a positive attitude toward teamwork
- Detail-oriented, self-directed skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including adaptability to fluid and last-minute changes
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.