Manager, Public Relations
The Public Relations Manager will be the daily point of contact for media and should have established relationships with journalists across multiple mediums to include national broadcasts, regional, print and online.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Secure meaningful and considered press coverage for Caruso and brand partners based on agreed strategies and target audiences.
- Initiate and manage fashion, retail and lifestyle-related PR campaigns for Caruso tenants across the portfolio.
- Identify, craft and pitch relevant stories to a broad range of media – retail, fashion, beauty, food & beverage, entertainment and lifestyle.
- Leverage existing relationships with media and develop new relationships to benefit Caruso and its brand partners (tenants).
- Write press releases, media alerts and company statements to serve as campaign materials to pitch media.
- Deliver creative, compelling ideas that are innovative and out of the box.
- Develop and maintain PR campaign and event timelines.
- Knowledge of digital influencer landscape and social media platforms to effectively collaborate with wider communications teams and generate earned media.
- Actively identify and secure strategic partners across philanthropy, influencer, blogger, etc. for buzz and marketing ideas and to host events on property focusing on sales generation and social media ties.
- Monitoring media on a daily basis and reporting coverage to the team and brand partners.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external brand partners to ensure campaigns are successfully executed and optimized.
- Lead and co-manage fashion, retail and lifestyle-related PR campaigns and tenant openings for tenants.
- Liaise with social media and marketing functions on a daily basis to add PR-value to existing platforms, events, promotions, etc.
- Liaise with PR Firm on a daily basis to drive overall campaign
- Coordinate onsite support at respective properties
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related Public Relations focusing on fashion, beauty, and/or hospitality.
- Digitally savvy and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment – agency experience a plus.
- Relationships with national and regional print, broadcast and online outlets across multiple.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
Knowledge and skills required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook (Advanced), Word (Advanced), Excel (Advanced) and PowerPoint (Advanced), Adobe Acrobatand/or proficiency in at least one design program (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Internet savvy, especially with research
- Cision, Media Source, Meltwater News, BurellesLuce, and other coverage tracking services
- Internet Explorer, Google Chrome
- ShareFile and Dropbox
- Social Networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Awareness of PR / marketing trends.
- Knowledgeable about the fashion and retail industry.
- Awareness of our retail tenant brands, marketing, etc.
- Ability to work well with others and have a team attitude.
- Willingness to work during non-office hours and weekends.
- Ability to think out of the box.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.