Director, Social Media
The Director of Social Media will lead the social media strategy for Caruso. You will lead the daily conversation across social media platforms; drive the development, execution and measurement of social programs. Partner with multiple teams to develop compelling content that is relevant and engaging for Caruso guests and residents. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Brand Marketing.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic direction of our corporate paid and organic social media initiatives, demonstrating how social media can drive business results
- Act as first-line representative to create and manage Caruso social channels, championing the brand across online communities and social networks
- Think through big ideas, collaboratively, to determine and advance a corporate, global strategy with the understanding of how to implement in local channels
- Develop and manage influencer channels and partnerships
- Ensure consistency in quality and approach across company efforts in digital and social channels
- Be the leader of our social media approach to describe what we do, how we do it, and how it benefits our company
- Combine media metrics and business data to analyze the efficiency of social media strategies and monitor for corporate reputation and sentiment analysis ultimately amplifying the Caruso experience
- Collaborate with other colleagues across the organization to create a seamless social media experience for colleagues, guests, and media.
- 10+ years of progressive experience with 5+ years of social media/digital platforms including content creation, publishing, social graphic creation and analytics
- Ability to manage many moving parts - multiple campaigns, varying strategies and tactics, as well as efficiently managing your time.
- Master awareness of PR / marketing trends / pop culture
- Keen knowledge about the fashion and retail industry
- Technical, in-depth knowledge of social media buying and an understanding of all major social media platforms – this is an absolute requirement for this position
- Experience planning and executing paid social media campaigns
- Ability to speak about integrated media and how other channels play into the picture for our campaigns
- A collaborative and positive work style; bring energy to this role.
- Ability to work well with others and have a team attitude and response
- Willingness to work during non-office hours and weekend
- Ability to think out of the box
- Calm demeanor and positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in English, public relations, journalism, marketing, or similar degree.