Marketing Manager, West Valley
The Marketing Manager for our West Valley portfolio will manage marketing efforts for the retail properties of The Commons at Calabasas, The Lakes at Thousand Oaks and The Promenade at Westlake. In partnership with the Marketing team, the Marketing Manager drives traffic and sales to these properties and their tenants by creating and implementing property-wide marketing events and programs, supporting and leading tenant grand openings, and promoting tenant offers and events across our marketing channels.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Create and implement effective marketing campaigns that drive target audience to properties and increase traffic and sales for these properties
- Work on property marketing events from concept to completion in conjunction with Marketing team
- Identify and partner with key community partners, stakeholders and non-profit organizations to host on-property events (in-store and property-wide) and through off-property initiatives, if applicable
- Work with tenants and internal teams (Creative, PR and Digital) to promote their offerings through West Valley marketing channels, including signage, digital and off-property
- Coordinate creative requests with in-house designers to ensure timely and effective promotion of marketing events and tenant offers
- Create and maintain signage on property: 22x28s and OOH if applicable
- Support and/or lead new tenant grand-openings in conjunction with Marketing team
- Measure effectiveness of various marketing sources; recap marketing programming
- Establishrelationshipswithbusinessesandcommunitypartnerstopromotetenants to their employees,database,customers,etc.
- Identify and target local corporations and businesses to partner with through property and tenant incentives,offers,invitations to events for their employees and executives
- Maintain and balance marketing budgets in conjunction with Marketing Team
- Responsible for coding invoices and submitting to accounting
- Maintain catalog of advertisements
- Track and oversee tenant participation for marketing events on property and seasonal shopping periods
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years marketing experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledgeable about the fashion and retail industry as well as pop-culture
- Knowledge of the West Valley and Ventura markets
- Knowledge of digital, influencer and social media marketing
- Understands print media (press checks, printing process, etc.)
- Ability to work during non-office hours and weekends
- Awareness of marketing trends
- Ability to multi-task and maintain good temperament during high pressure, fast paced situations
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and desire to learn and improve
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.