Administrative Assistant, The Americana at Brand
The Americana at Brand
An administrative position responsible for the day-to-day assistance of the General Manager for the North Los Angeles Region. Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to consistently and accurately manage multiple on-going tasks.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative, team spirit and positive nature
- Persistent with excellent follow up
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional communication skills (written + verbal)
- Flawless grammar and email etiquette
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess the ability to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”
- Solid judgment
- Strong work ethic
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Manage the Petty Cash Fund per company policy, including facilitating requests, maintaining accurate record keeping and weekly reconciliation for reimbursement
- Prepare all Purchase Orders and Check Requests; obtain proper coding, signature for approval, and forward to Corporate Accounting for final authorization
- Keep an accurate log of current AAB vendors; maintain vendor files to ensure all required documents are accounted for and current, to include an executed service contract, and valid proof of insurance
- Assist with creating annual budgets
- Maintain Tenant Lease Files, ensuring all necessary files are present to include, Monthly Sales, Correspondence, Lease File and Storage Agreement as applicable
- Maintain Certificate of Insurance Logs ensuring all vendors, tenants, and contractors have a current Certificate of Insurance on file with the necessary insurance coverage and additional insured language
- Responsible for logging and filing all Incident Reports and forwarding those requiring immediate assistance to the Insurance Company
- Prepare Tenant Default Letters and other tenant correspondence as requested
- Prepare and distribute Tenant Memos and other correspondence as requested
- Schedule and assist with the coordination of various meetings and events as requested
- Collect monthly sales data from all tenants, and update the Monthly Sales Report and forward to Corporate by the 20th of each month
- Maintain copy of tenant checks for file. Mail all checks to appropriate entity.
- Accounts Receivable notes are created for each weekly A/R meeting.
- Coordinate with property accountant to assure timely payments of tenant’s rent and percentage rent obligations and delinquency collections
- Record all tenant violations (late open/early close/dress code) and submit invoice, request for fine payment as necessary
- Collect and submit all property invoices, distributing weekly to managers for coding and authorization, submit to GM for final approval.
- Maintain the Special Event Binder; keeping an accurate log of all events to ensure necessary documentation is present, including the Special Event Application, Certificate of Insurance, Plot Plans and City Permit for approval
- Maintain a Master Calendar for all events on The Green; including filing all Reservation Use Applications, Approvals and Decline Letters as applicable
- Maintain an updated Master Tenant Contact Sheet; distribute quarterly to GM, Retail Manager and Receptionist
- Prepare New Tenant Welcome Letters and send out a Tenant Manual
Success factors/job competencies:
- Dynamic personality who is adept at switching projects and focus with ease, and can easily multi-task between various projects with competing deadlines. Things can and do change direction, and this should be both expected and anticipated.
- Takes initiative without needing direction. Proficient with seeking out answers and solutions without being prompted. Takes ownership of projects and works diligently through successful completion.
- Ability to remain calm when assisting callers and guests who may be under pressure or temperamental.
- Solutions-oriented: Sees solutions to problems. Seeks out resources to address needs proactively.
- Superb interpersonal skills including the ability to network with referred contacts and strangers.
- Strong writing skills
- Exhibits urgency and relentless follow up
Physical demands and work environment:
- Able to work at a computer for 8 hours a day
- Good vision, hearing, clear speech.
- Able to answer calls on a telephone and speak clearly to assist callers, guests and tenants
- Able to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs as well as distances under ¼ a mile
- Able to work normal business hours Monday- Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Flexible availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays for special events as required