General Manager, Hanks
Palisades Village /
The General Manager Hanks Palisades oversees all aspects of the Dining and Service operations including; service team, daily planning, fiscal responsibilities beverage and labor, ordering beverage supplies, scheduling, purchasing, hygiene and sanitation, management retention and development of all service employees. In addition, the General Manager manages the cleaning crew in conjunction with the Chef and assists and participates with the Executive Chef in financial review, marketing and promotions, and management of all restaurant personnel. These duties are carried out to align with the Caruso brand.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position. Preferably prior experience in a General Manager role.
- Certified in all safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- English language and professional communications, math, and computer skills are required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 12 hours / day).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Caruso standards outlined in the Service manual.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Display a high focus on hospitality and guest interaction throughout each shift.
- Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ability to accurately forecast sales, labor staffing, and products purchasing.
- Monthly review and understanding of P&L and yearly budget objectives.
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment. Successful demonstration of this will be evident by employee satisfaction and retention of those under your supervision.
- Possess a Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection from the local Department of Health that has jurisdiction over the employing property.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of service and overall financial success of the venue.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and weekly management team meetings, bring suggestions for improvement and insure any action items from those meetings are implemented and sustained.
- Perform inventory and purchasing responsibilities on a daily and monthly basis, in conjunction with the Chef.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of food education.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all dining fixtures and service areas are kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and together with the Human Resources Director administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Act as a good partner with the corporate office team members.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Know and comply consistently with kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Assist in creating a dynamic programming that evolves and changes on a regular basis.
- Supervise the team during service times.
- Schedule labor as required by business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when needed while maintaining labor cost objectives.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by restaurant environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (- 10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening & hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Require
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities and will consider religious and medical accommodations