The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing analysis to support all facets of real estate operations and financing for a portfolio that currently includes retail, office, residential, and hotels.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Assist in projects to identify new opportunities for improvement in operational and forecast accuracy and process efficiency
- Analyze and compare monthly and quarterly financial results and key performance indicators against planned and other internal benchmarks
- Provide data management by maintaining, organizing, and entering data for various reporting systems
- Assist with the monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences which identify gaps and opportunities.
- Develop and manage financial models to support internal decision making.
- Design in-depth analyses, business metrics and KPIs in coordination with the SVP, Financial Reporting & Analytics that provide performance measures and insights into the key revenue and cost centers with the goal of improving productivity, efficiency and overall profitability of the company.
- Develop business cases and cost/benefit analyses for prioritization of current and new initiatives.
- Evaluate financial reports to provide timely and accurate findings to management for decision making process; proactively surface areas for focus and produces data driven support.
- Conduct monthly reviews with business managers in order to reconcile and ensure that expense budgets are managed at the appropriate levels, while utilizing proper financial management techniques.
- Coordinate efforts to maintain data integrity and consistency across all data sources.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy for high-profile deliverables. Gather data from complex sources, reconcile data variances, and use data to support analyses.
- Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- FP&A assistance for short term and long term planning
- Ad-hoc strategy analysis.
- Analyze financial performance of potential and current properties and portfolios and prepare/present investment and strategic planning recommendations.
- Provide ongoing variance analysis and research on accounting and financial reporting. Preparing forecast adjustments as needed.
- Assist cross-functional departments in the budgeting process and timely delivery of annual budgets for executive approval.
- Support team’s efforts to develop efficient reporting strategies including automation and simplification of reporting processes while preserving data integrity.
- Ideal candidates will possess 3+ years of professional experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Strong understanding of financial performance metrics.
- Excellent communications skills (written + verbal).
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills are of the highest importance.
- Demonstrated financial competency at a detailed level of operation.
- Ability to collaborate across many levels.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy and ability to make effective decisions and solve problems.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and sound judgment is essential.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under tight timeframes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance or Accounting; a Master’s degree is preferred.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.