Head of Private Clubs
The Head of Private Clubs will be responsible for developing and executing an integrated VIP and private membership club strategy.
This individual will oversee all strategic planning, business development and general management of our growing VIP and private club portfolio. The Head of Private Clubs is responsible for positioning Caruso owned clubs as the finest, most exclusive clubs in the world, delivering best-in-class guest/member services and amenities.
The Head of Private Clubs will have oversight of property-based club leadership (e.g. General Manager, Miramar Sand & Sea), to ensure performance on all service, strategic, operational and budgetary goals.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Develop a business plan for private clubs across the portfolio (including a comprehensive competitive and profitability analysis), which meets or exceeds pro forma.
- Formulate and oversee an integrated strategy that considers Caruso’s VIP, membership club and loyalty programs
- Develop a strategy to introduce membership clubs within Caruso’s existing asset base, as well as future development projects, and leverage this diverse asset base to offer reciprocal memberships across properties.
- Establish and operationalize an elite VIP/membership club program across the Caruso portfolio.
- Maintain and leverage competitive intelligence to inform club design and programming.
- Establish VIP and club membership criteria and selection strategy.
- Develop and implement the governing club membership bylaws.
- Establish membership pricing model designed to maximize revenue derived from membership initiation, dues, food and beverage.
- Create mechanisms to gain and maintain a deep understanding of our guests’ lifestyle and shopping behavior to personalize program offerings and rewards.
- Curate a brand-appropriate, transformative guest and membership experience that is second to none.
- Continually enhance the guest experience by bringing innovative ideas to fruition.
- Cultivate and thoughtfully leverage strategic partnerships in the hotel, retail, and restaurant industry to enhance Caruso’s VIP/club experience.
- Partner with the Development team to identify potential acquisition targets that would enhance the Caruso VIP/club offering.
- Partner with Marketing to develop a strategic club marketing plan, including a robust programming and events calendar
- Partner with Marketing to ensure VIP/club programs are appropriately supported and enhanced by digital, direct, promotional and CRM marketing initiatives.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in luxury, lifestyle-oriented environment (private membership clubs, high-end hotel management, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience successfully establishing or/and managing a high-profile private membership club across multiple locations
- Ability to translate changing market dynamics into actionable strategy and implement the strategy to achieve business objectives
- Track record of effective collaboration with executive management, peers and direct reports
- Proven ability to successfully consult with and influence senior management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and multi-task/prioritize workload
- Demonstrate discretion and protect the privacy and confidentiality of VIPs/members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.