Seasonal Porter – Store to Door
The Grove /
The Porter will provide an unparalleled level of service in a professional, friendly, warm and engaging manner in order to exceed guest’s expectations. Porters are direct liaisons who interact with guests answering questions, picking up/delivering packages to specific locations and will provide directions as needed. This position requires understanding of property tenants, and services. The Porter will perform all responsibilities with professional enthusiasm and the highest regard for the true meaning of hospitality.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Utilize all resources available to ensure full knowledge and understanding of Caruso property, in order to provide an exceptional 5-star service experience for our guests Fulfill guest services requests including, but not limited to, Package Pick-Up, Delivery, Bell Cart Runs, as well as any additional legal requests to accomplish the “full service” commitment.
- Coordinate guest needs with other departments, tenants or partners, as required through lateral service, in order to ensure a seamless guest experience outcome.
- Properly use and follow the Radio Etiquette guidelines and correct Radio Call codes to perform assigned tasks and communicate efficiently to appropriate departments.
- Greet all guests with the Caruso Hospitality Standards and proper phone greeting. This involves reading and being aware of the Daily Discussion, closing and opening Concierge notes, adhering to Company mandated Hospitality Steps of Service and any other applicable guidelines provided by the Company.
- Properly resolve resident or guest complaints through exercising “LEAP” from the Caruso Hospitality Standards.
- Set up and monitor all Uber Direct deliveries through the dashboard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide superb customer service skills, while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospitality setting preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Professional and pleasant tone of service.
- Must be flexible to work weekends, early morning, late nights and holidays to support the operation and entire Concierge team needs.
- Follow the Steps of Service, be aware of all property information, events, and provide 5-star services experience for all guests and residents.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be timely, reliable and consistent with attendance and schedule requirements.
- Proactive, approachable and solution-focused.
- Able to present and maintain a business professional appearance daily in the mandatory uniform assigned to this role.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English
- Able to push a Bell Cart or Flat Bed up to 60 pounds
- Standing for up to 8 hours a day
- Sitting up to 8 hours a day, walking up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to stoop and bend
- Equipment used: phone system, computer, Radio, Bell Cart or Flat Bed Cart
- Must be clean shaven at all times
- Uniform provided must be worn properly and in accordance to the uniform standards within the policies and procedures of this
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.