The VIP Coordinator will assist VIP guests with a focus on the Palisades Village but will support the VIP department for the entire Caruso portfolio. Must be flexible to work weekends, early morning, late nights and holidays to support the operation.
- Ability to provide superb customer service skills, while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospitality setting preferred.
- Must remain calm and professional when assisting celebrities and notable guests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Professional and pleasant tone of service.
- Must be an organized; detail oriented, self-starter who is able to work independently and part of a group.
- Must be flexible to work weekends, early morning, late nights and holidays to support the operation.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, and anticipates needs of others.
- Tenacious with excellent follow up.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload.
- Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills.
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation, come up with solutions and implement them.
- An unflappable, confident demeanor.
- Solid judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Network with local community to attract and retain VIP guests.
- Develop relationships with private clubs such as the Bel-Air Bay Club and the Rivera Country Club.
- Develop relationships with influential organizations such as Alliance of Moms, HEART, YPO – Westside Chapter, and Bel-air Association.
- Oversee the on-property experience for all celebrities, high net worth individuals, dignitaries, and executives.
- Book and execute shopping, dining, and entertainment events for The Coast Lounge, Caruso’s first ever private suite.
- Explore Millennial and Generation Z brand and procurement.
- Explore private Kids Club experiences and support Private Party initiatives.
- Source brands for pop ups and activations within the Caruso portfolio, Coast Lounge specifically.
- Scout brands for collaborations and partnerships within the VIP division.
- Must be proficient with Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Be an ambassador of Caruso’s VIP Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Employee shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Must demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be timely, reliable and consistent with attendance and schedule requirements.
- Proactive, approachable and solution-focused.
- Able to present and maintain a business professional appearance daily in the mandatory uniform assigned to this role.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to push a Bell Cart or Flat Bed up to 30 pounds.
- Standing for up to 8 hours a day.
- Sitting up to 8 hours a day, walking up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
- Equipment used: phone system, computer, Bell Cart or Flat Bed Cart.
- Must be compliant with Caruso Grooming Standards.