The Superintendent will implement a working project plan compliant with budget expectations and in keeping with Caruso’s high standards of quality. The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all construction-specific plans, budgets and activities for assigned assets. This responsibility includes managing others responsible for construction activities, to include third-party vendors and contractors who are supporting Caruso with projects in construction.
The Superintendent will oversee the Miramar Beach Club and Resort construction project from current state to completion and work collaboratively with the Construction, Architecture and Development teams.
Make ongoing inspections for quality, safety, security and resolution of all problems, monitoring of unit cost and changes for time and material, budget and schedule reviews throughout project.
- Ensure work is delivered to quality expectations and rework minimized by understanding the deliverables and consistently evaluating/testing the quality of work in progress.
- Monitor resources (including manpower, materials, and temporary works) daily against the project plan. Use judgement to identify necessary adjustments to project scope, approach, or deliverables based on changing requirements. Hold trades/subcontractors accountable, and help them perform within those requirements through pre-task planning, monitoring construction site activities and conditions, taking immediate corrective actions to non-compliant work.
- Ensure appropriate and timely completion of construction activities, also ensuring alignment of costs/expenditure to agreed/set budgetary and contract guidelines
- Quality controls supervision and inspection reporting structure and communication protocols.
- Effectively sequences multiple complex scheduling challenges, while mitigating temporary works and safety risks, working with Scheduler to update the project schedule. Clearly communicate the sequence and schedule updates to subcontractors and vendors, holding them accountable to their agreements. Ensure work progresses in compliance with the schedule. Provide ongoing monitoring of quality to assure consistency to meet Caruso standards for each project.
- Assures a safe environment for all employees, the general public and volunteers.
- Help maintain the project site logistics plan. Coordinate material deliveries and movement of equipment on the site to ensure safe and efficient work.
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Enforcement of the subcontractor's agreements.
- Contractual performance and timely work inspections.
- As required, initiates and/or tracks the flow of information between all parties by way of RFI, RFP, Transmittal, Memo or otherwise, as they pertain to individual projects. Monitor and reports to the Senior Vice President of Project Management all outstanding Change Orders, RFI's and Claims. Responsible for full documentation daily logs, charts of accounts of each project under his or her direct supervision is maintained.
- Advise senior level management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing or mitigating such conflicts. Assist involved contractors in resolving problems.
- Use current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing daily diaries, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements.
- Provide liaison between project management, field engineering, estimating and specialty contractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications and company quality standards and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Project closeout procedures.
- Minimum of 15 years project management experience.
- Construction sequencing.
- Outstanding analytical and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record for successful/effective leadership and management of others.
- Proven strategic agility and stretch; can easily assume wider and more complex tasks and initiatives.
- BS/BA in Engineering related field Construction Management or equivalent work experience.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.