Manager, Accounts Payable
The Accounts Payable Manager will supervise all aspects of the accounts payable process including both operations and construction related payables.
The role requires a seasoned individual with a strong understanding of accounting/finance with a commitment to accuracy and meeting multiple, sometimes competing deadlines. The Accounts Payable Manager must be a strong leader who is organized and able to consistently and accurately manage multiple on-going tasks. Requires excellent work ethic and the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable and Reporting
- Supervise the company’s payable process.
- Supervise Accounts Payable Clerk and Senior Construction Accountant.
- Enter/ review invoices and generate checks for assigned entities.
- Grow into role as in-house expert for software systems; Abacus and AvidExchange.
- Provide analytical assistance as needed for special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Construction invoice and payable processing
- Set up new vendor ID’s.
- Enter all project invoices.
- Lien and Waiver tracking and reporting
- Reconciling and ensuring job cost system amounts are correctly reflected in the general ledger.
- Monthly reporting of construction activity- costs to complete reports and budget status reports.
- Review and record all job cost billings, adjustments, and miscellaneous invoicing in the job cost system.
- Review and preparation of loan draw packages.
- Track contract, change orders, and commitments against approved budgets.
- Supervise the set-up of new projects and generate and maintain detailed analysis of costs and budgets, including variances from original proformas.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to interact with all employees and be diplomatic and helpful while maintaining department standards and reaching department goals.
- Leader who is adept at switching projects and focus with ease, and can easily multi-task between various projects with competing deadlines. Things can and do change direction, and this should be both expected and anticipated.
- Takes initiative without needing direction. Proficient with seeking out answers and solutions without being prompted. Takes ownership of projects and works diligently through successful completion.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task effectively and possess a cooperative, upbeat attitude. Works well both independently and as a group.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a corporate environment
- Excellent communication and follow up skills.
- Prior experience with JDE, Prolog and AvidXchange a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Real estate background with construction experience required with retail, commercial property, or development companies.
- Superb organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative, team spirit and positive nature.
- Tenacious with excellent follow up.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload.
- Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills.
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Solid judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance