Chief Engineer, 8500 Burton Way
The Chief Engineer is responsible for all physical operations of 8500 Burton Way; including preservation and maintenance of the asset in accordance with policies and procedures defined by the company, maintaining and/or decreasing the operating expenses of the property, providing a quality business environment for tenants and establishing a positive, productive working relationship with the property staff. The CE is primarily responsible for satisfactory completion of all service requests at the property.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of maintenance for the residential property
- Responsible for administration of maintenance functions and accurate tracking of inventory for repair and maintenance.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical systems, satisfactory and timely completion of service requests, observation and reporting of potential liability concerns or safety hazards to the Property Management team
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of any property-specific special needs or problems (asbestos, remediation plan, deficient mechanical or plumbing systems, etc.)
- Developing and implementing annual maintenance schedules, developing and implementing preventative maintenance programs, an energy management plan, interfacing with service vendors, i.e. HVAC, elevator/escalator, landscaping, housekeeping, pest control, plumbing, electrical, and fire-life safety systems, and providing labor and operational expertise necessary for center events
- Perform general troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for all plumbing fixtures, i.e., public restrooms, janitor sinks, landscape irrigation systems, hose bibs, etc.
- Responsible for operation of lighting control system
- Ensure that fire-life safety systems are functioning properly
- Demonstrate and promote safe work habits
- Review existing and new service contracts with the Property Manager
- Effectively negotiate service contracts/vendor agreements to ensure competitive pricing, manage RFP and bidding process
- Oversee work being performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible for development and periodic updates of the Operations Manual for property.
- Work with Management in overseeing tenant improvement contractors.
- Develop and implement regular maintenance schedule for all mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment.
- Perform general troubleshooting, repair & maintenance for all mechanical equipment, i.e., rooftop air-conditioning units for common areas.
- Budget management, tracking invoices and billing activity
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the oversight of unit turnover process, ensuring each residence is returned to Caruso standard for incoming residents
- 3 years of experience in commercial or residential building maintenance preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with tenants, vendors and employees regarding center operations or personnel issues
- Ability to multi-task between various projects with ease and flexibility
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be well organized
- Well versed in electrical, plumbing, HVAC and general property repairs
- Proficient in most areas of residential buildings – locks, roofs and life-saving equipment
- Proficient with typing and using a computer
- Flexible work schedule (regular overtime and on-call availability)
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license
- Ability to occasionally travel off the property
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours daily
- Ability to use hands in repetitive motions – grasp, grip, reach
- Ability to stoop, crouch, bend, and kneel
- Ability to regularly use and operate tools and machinery
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability hear, see, and read well
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors
- High School Diploma required
- The equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or related trade school or equivalent experience