Vice President, Property Management, Valley Region
The Americana at Brand /
As a key member to the property leadership team, this role is responsible for the overall profit, performance, and operations of the properties at the local and regional level. The primary objective is to increase the value of the properties through enhancing the guest experience, service, effective center management, and strategic efforts to increase sales and traffic to our tenants.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Laterally partner with the Regional General Manager to improve and ensure efficiencies and consistency in core branding, service, and business practices across the retail portfolio.
- Create, implement, and maintain regional business plans and growth strategies to meet/exceed goals.
- Partner with Residential Managers to elevate the resident experience, which drives a high occupancy rate.
- Work with Development on a long-term asset management plan including repairs and maintenance (R&M) and capex.
- Develop annual business plans and operating/capital budgets to meet your regions’ needs; ensures that the properties stay within budget, exceeds stated NOI goals and objectives and free cash flow.
- Ensures effective cost control and profitability for the properties including negotiating contracts, authorizing expenditures, and reviewing monthly profit and loss statements.
- Maintain a pulse on merchandizing trends and work collaboratively with Leasing on strategy and pipeline.
- Focus on tenant relations, turnover, tenant improvement and leasing schedules
- Responsible for measuring, improving, and managing the guest satisfaction experience
- Ensure compliance with marketing and sales campaigns that meets budget and sales goals.
- Collaborate with the property management team on key events
- Partner with Marketing and SAE to develop a strategic marketing plan to target consumers and drive sales.
- Develop and nurture strong community relations with city officials, governing agencies, and local first responders.
- Work closely with the surrounding community members, charitable organizations, city officials, and local businesses to ensure the properties continue to operate as the “town center” of the community, while driving traffic and sales.
- Collaborate with various city departments on building and safety issues
- Promote and ensure the property teams follow safety, health, and business regulations
- Organize and implement training programs for continued compliance and talent development
- Responsible for the development and growth of the property management teams
- Continually encourage team collaboration, motivation, and high performance standards to achieve goals.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a hospitality field such as hotels, retail, and/or restaurant, preferred
- Proven success in managing mix use properties and third-party vendor management
- Astute financial and business acumen
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, particularly in situations of high stress
- Strong customer service skills in the areas of handling disputes and treating customers with care
- Strong ability to problem-solve and exercise good judgement
- Results driven to achieve goals and objectives
- A motivational leader, with the ability to manage and develop teams
- Understands the importance of collaboration and partnership with all company stakeholders in an effort to achieve company goals and initiatives
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & is consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with tenants, vendors and employees regarding operations or personnel issues.
- Personable, polished and professional with a positive attitude
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.