Residential Maintenance Technician
The Residential Maintenance Technician for 8500 Burton Way is responsible for all physical operations, maintenance and repairs of the property; including preservation and maintenance of the facilities in a first-class manner in accordance with policies and procedures defined by the company, maintaining and/or decreasing the operating expenses of the property, providing a quality business environment for tenants and establishing a positive, productive working relationship with the property staff. The Engineers are primarily responsible for satisfactory completion of all service requests at the property. This position will be responsible for set-up and takedown of all events on property. Travel to sister properties required as needed.
- Ability to provide superb customer service skills, while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor at all time
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Certification from an accredited college or related trade school is preferred. Formal training and/or certificates from related institutes (BOMA, IREM, local community college, vocational program) reflecting completion of maintenance related course or courses and/or two or more years intercompany training/experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area of commercial building or retail center facilities, construction, maintenance or other related field is preferred.
- Must be well organized and hard working.
- No direct experience needed although 3-5 years’ experience in general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting or general contracting skills is a plus
- Must have medium to advanced knowledge of property maintenance.
- Speak, write and comprehend intermediary English.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility quickly, without error.
- Proficient in one or more areas of commercial building maintenance relating to plumbing, electrical, general repairs, and life safety equipment.
- A strong ability to assimilate maintenance related information (both inferred and explicit) and deduce logical and supportable responses and recommendations.
- Must have or complete Boom Lift, Scissor Lift and Fork Lift Operator Safety Training.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of maintenance for residential property.
- Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the Maintenance Engineers are principally responsible for completing repairs, preventive maintenance tasks, maintaining all property systems in good working order, and routinely inspecting the property, making most efficient use of available resources, and monitoring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of service requests, observation and reporting of potential liability concerns or safety hazards to the Chief Engineer or Operations Manager.
- Responsible for knowledge of general property-specific needs or problems in one or more of the following; plumbing systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, tile/masonry, and/or painting/patching, etc.
- Responsible with the Chief Engineer or Operations Manager for knowledge of, and participation in, company safety policies and the safety and enforcement of safe work practices with the maintenance staff.
- Maintenance Engineer shall oversee and coordinate safe efficient operation of all building systems including: Hot Water Boilers, Exhaust and Supply fans, Pool Equipment pumps and filtration systems.
Position Salary Range: $19-$21/hr. The salary range is the one that Caruso reasonably expects to pay for this position. The salary range does not guarantee, obligate, nor set expectations of an applicant’s wage in the event of hire. The posted range is only one component of Caruso’s total compensation and benefits package.
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities and will consider religious and medical accommodations.