Assistant General Manager, 8500
The Assistant General Manager will oversee day to day operations at Los Angeles’ premier luxury residential property, 8500 Burton, ensuring the Caruso standards are upheld at all times. Key areas of oversight include maintaining occupancy and resident retention goals, supporting the Concierge team towards optimal resident service levels, and optimizing performance within all departments (Valet Parking, Security, Engineering, Housekeeping). Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will manage property operations with efficiency, professionalism, creativity, and sound business decisions. The Assistant General Manager will serve as a brand ambassador and curator, cultivating relationships throughout the city to benefit 8500 Burton’s residents by maintaining a network of the best available service providers, vendors, partners, and industry counterparts.
This individual will have a broad base of knowledge in a wide variety of areas, and must embody the Caruso Service Brand. Position will report to the property’s General Manager.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Manage, communicate and inspire direct reports to achieve daily tasks and goals
- Maintain a stable occupancy according to budget, while achieving rental growth
- Create marketing strategies to remain competitive
- Assist with leasing when necessary. Including touring prospective residents and following the leasing steps of success as well as receiving and returning leasing calls/emails
- Work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines. Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleague and supervisors
- Develop good working relationships with vendors and walk areas regularly to ensure standards are being met
- Assist in financial responsibilities, including posting and collecting rents, forecasting, and expense management
- Provide best-in-class service to residents with a focus on innovation
- Keep up with market trends and competition
- Minimum of two years’ management experience in a luxury hospitality setting
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach
- Excellent customer service skills and passionate about providing exceptions service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with initiative, team spirit and positive outlook
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Proven problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess the ability to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”.
- Solid judgment.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.