Corporate Headquarters /
Human Resources /
The Office Coordinator oversees the general management of the office and ensures cleanliness, service, stocking and overall appearance of the Corporate Office. This position will aim to keep the office running smoothly at all times to provide a seamless and pleasant experience for Caruso employees. The Office Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, stocking kitchens and copy rooms, keeping up-to-date inventory and ordering supplies as needed, submitting work orders and interfacing with Engineering and Housekeeping on submitted work orders, event assistance, reception coverage, sorting the mail and transferring shipments and mail to the appropriate areas. This person will also assist in scheduling preventative maintenance, vendor management, office walkthroughs, catering and porter duties. This position requires basic knowledge of maintenance and office facilities management. The Office Coordinator must be professional in dress and speech at all times. This position reports directly to the Workplace Experience Manager. Must be able to work Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm, with flexibility for overtime as needed.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Office Management- Oversees basic management of the office. Coordinates and owns all aspects of maintenance from housekeeping, ordering of office & kitchen supplies, upkeep of office machines, etc. Keeps kitchen and copy room neat & organized. Maintains backup/spare office keys and makes copies whenever necessary. Communicates with all employees on any office operations issues that may affect them. Oversees all external vendors and ensure they are fulfilling the needs of the organization at the most competitive price.
- Invoicing- Responsible for processing all office operation invoices and ensures that billing is accurate and timely.
- Administrative- Creates and implements systems to assist with keeping office systems and information organized, and maintains electronic filing with department nomenclature. Provides backup to processing all office operation invoices and ensures that billing is accurate.
- Equipment- Maintains current office equipment including copy machines, fax machines, postage machine, etc. Resolves small technical issues and coordinates service calls. Refills paper, changes toners, distributes copies, fixes paper jams and assists employees with using machines and making copies. Orders/stocks toners & parts and installs as necessary. Familiar with service agreements and participates in yearly renewals. Researches and makes recommendations for replacement equipment.
- Mail/Copy Room- Keeps copy room clean, organized and stocked. Orders and distributes office supplies for all employees. Oversees copy, postage and fax machine and calls for service when required. Distributes incoming mail & packages. Takes outgoing mail to mailbox or post office. Coordinates Fed Ex packages and checks/approves weekly/monthly invoices. Ensures company stationary supplies are stocked.
- Break Room/Kitchens- Oversees the organization/cleaning of the employee break room and kitchens. Ensures beverage machines are restocked, cleans soda machine each morning and calls for maintenance when machines are out of service. Orders monthly supplies from kitchen vendors and puts items away. Runs and unloads dishwasher when necessary, organizes plates and glasses, restocks sugar, creamers, coffee, napkins, paper towels, etc. Calls housekeeping if trash is overflowing and needs to be removed prior to their next scheduled visit and if there are cleaning issues that require immediate attention.
- Work Orders- Ensures that all office items from lights to equipment are in excellent working and presentation order, and submits work orders when adjustment are needed. Carpets are clean, walls are repainted when necessary, furniture repaired and work areas are neat and organized. Sets up regular maintenance schedules to ensure that these items are serviced in a timely manner and follows up on all submitted work orders.
- Personnel additions/separations- Assists with transitioning employees in and out of the office, including deep cleans of their desks. Orders nameplate and business collateral for new hires, sets up new hire desk with swag and ensures office is in order and ready, sets up parking transponder and security access, facilitates welcome card from incoming department, and gets new hire picture and distributes to reception before sending out a new hire email announcement. Cleans out desks and all collateral for departing employees.
- Conference Rooms- Assists with restocking and clearing all conference rooms- including both office supplies and beverage set-up. Checks throughout the day to ensure Caruso standard set-up is in place.
- Reception Coverage- Provides back to the reception switchboard and ensure receptionist receives timely breaks.
Other Job Requirements
- Event Coordinator- Plan and execute ideas for the following events: Take Your Kids to Work Day, Day of Service, All-Employee Meetings, Family Day, Wellness Week/Month, Admin Professional Day, Holiday Party etc.
- Verbum Dei Program- Assist with training and managing Verbum Dei students to ensure they are completing office duties and supporting their designated teams appropriately.
- Safety and Emergency procedures- oversees and ensures safety is a priority in the office. Creates and manages evacuation plan, assists with evacuation drills, coordinates emergency planning with HR Director and Systems Engineers.
- Provides backup assistance to the CEO’s office if needed.
- Assists with other various HR/Office Operations tasks as directed.
- Minimum of 2 years of office management or customer service experience. Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task effectively and possess a cooperative, upbeat attitude. Works well independently and as a group.
- Basic ability to understand budgeting and work within budget confines to achieve office operations goals.
- Focused on creating and maintaining a pristine office with all items looking exceptional and in good working order.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills. Comfortable dealing with all levels of employees from CEO to Executive to Staff/Administrative.
- Ability to interact with all employees and be diplomatic and helpful while maintaining office standards and reaching department goals
Success factors/job competencies:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. Under no circumstances will non-cooperative behavior be tolerated.
- Must be comfortable in a corporate environment and able to present a polished corporate image.
- Able to function effectively in a highly visible position that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade others
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to identify implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations.
- Able to handle very sensitive information with discretion
- Can work effectively on large-scale projects while simultaneously tending to often minute details and tasks.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Clear vision, speech and hearing.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes and files. Able to load boxes/packages on a dolly and transport to the appropriate destination.
- Able to work on feet for entire 8-hour shift.
- Able to bend, stoop, twist and turn as needed to access office items and move things around.
- Able to work on computers and answer phones.
- Ability to sit and work on a switchboard for 8.5 hours a day to cover when main receptionist is out.
- Able to operate a phone, computer and door release simultaneously.
- Able to carry out intermediate to advanced verbal and written directions.
- Able to remain calm and on task while managing multiple deadlines.
- Equipment used: Computer, telephone, copiers, fax machines, shredder, binding machine
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.