The HR Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administrative support to the Senior Director of Talent & Organizational Development and HR Team, along with performing a broad range of generalist support. This position will support each aspect of the employee lifecycle; recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, culture and engagement, learning and development, payroll and HR operational compliance. The HR Coordinator must be personable and capable of building strong working relationships with all employees at all levels. Must be able to protect sensitive information and maintain confidentiality specific to the Human Resources.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Work in fast-paced HR team environment, providing coordinator support to HR team
- Facilitate and help implement key HR initiatives, projects and programs
- Ensure HR files and forms are in compliance with internal and external government regulations. Maintain and input information relevant to I9's, job and personnel files, records retention and compliance reporting
- Provide general administrative services to the HR Team including:
- o Worker’s Comp and LOA management
- o Update employee forms & maintain branding standards on all documents
- o Oversee Caruso Fitness Reimbursement Program
- o Quarterly performance management cycles
- o Create and maintain reports, presentations, training programs, etc.
- o Invoice processing and expense reimbursement
- Responsible for employee on-boarding, including preparing and processing all new hire paperwork and ensuring all new hire information is collected and entered accurately and timely in HRIS system.
- Prepare paperwork for exit interviews and conduct exit meetings, as needed
- Prepare offer letters, conduct reference checks, and other pre-employment documentation
- Provide assistance with employee relations, performance mgmt., policies and programs.
- Field basic questions to assist employees, and provide relevant updates to HRBP’s
- Assist with annual audits of personnel files; support personnel file archive processes.
- Assist with drafting and/or coordinating employee communications
- Assist with additional HR and recruiting tasks as directed
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to interact with all employees and be diplomatic and helpful while maintaining department standards and reaching department goals
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Detail-oriented with strong administrative skills including planning, organizing, and prioritizing
- Showcase exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Maintain confidentiality, demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and diplomacy
- Possess a positive attitude and a high degree of motivation; be open to new ideas, flexible, adaptable and resilient
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Deadline and solution-driven with the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Work well both independently and as a group
- Must be comfortable in a corporate environment and able to present a polished corporate image
- The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of previous HR experience.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills. Comfortable interacting with all levels.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superb organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- College degree preferred. HR/Organizational Development or Business Management degree a plus.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.