Manager of VIP Services
The Manager of VIP Services is responsible for maintaining the day to day operation of the VIP department. This person will create one of a kind experiences for our VIP guests throughout the Caruso portfolio by way of programming and events, tenant offers, introductions to new partners and innovative programs, and providing bespoke service for our network of high profile guests. This person should be solution-oriented and someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. This person should be someone who remains calm under pressure and can manage multiple projects with sometimes competing deadlines.
The Manager of VIP Services will manage the department’s Coordinators and oversee their core job functions, such as: social media, private parties, valet inquiries and renewals, Coast Lounge outreach, events, pop up’s and trunk shows, and daily tenant support, just to name a few.
The Manager of VIP Services will report to the Director of VIP Services.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Creates and implements memorable guest experiences for our most valued guests across the portfolio. Liaises with GM, concierge, security, parking, and client to ensure a seamless guest interaction from start to finish.
- Fully manages our Soho House partnership and onboards all new Members into Caruso VIP. Also solidifies Member Perks (discount program), programming within Caruso properties plus all Houses in Southern California, trouble shoots member needs, and facilitates member visits to our properties for personal shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Designs and builds out dedicated e-blats, signage and collateral.
- Organizes all direct mail initiatives for new property openings, holiday campaigns, etc.
- Works with tenants to identify high spending clients to bring on as a VIP member with the end goal of increasing HNWI traffic and sales to our retail properties.
- Audits parking reports monthly to track visits/duration of stay for key groups of valet guests.
- Tracks guest spend through Caruso Rewards, tenant reporting, and on-property promotions.
- Ideates, plans, and executes events with retail, restaurant, residential, and office tenants.
- Identifies additional revenue streams for the department and consistently looking for ways in which we can further monetize our services.
- Contributes to Coast Lounge and Private Party revenue goals.
- Maintains departmental supply inventory and places orders with vendors as needed.
- Offers assistance to Marketing, PR, and Operations teams with large scale events.
- Assists in RJC requests as needed.
- Trains, manages and mentors VIP Coordinators to ensure they are on track with projects, meetings, proposals, and budgets.
- Must be comfortable working some nights, weekends, and holidays to support the business during peak times.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Four (4) plus years in a high level guest experience role. Past experience in PR, Marketing, Events, or Branding are a plus.
- Past experience in creative services and knowledge of graphic design are a plus.
- Must be operational in nature.