Executive Assistant, Development
Corporate Headquarters /
The Executive Assistant, Development will report directly to the Chief Development Officer, and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day office activities and support for the department as needed. The Executive Assistant may handle information of a complex and confidential nature and assist in designated administrative details using initiative and judgment. Ability to interact with Executives and community members in a fast paced environment. Must be able to multi-task, track and resolve issues to completion. Exhibits professionalism on a consistent basis. Answers telephone, takes and relays messages. Must exhibit willingness and ability to shift priorities as needed. Must be an organized, proactive self-starter, able to research and problem solver while always maintaining excellent judgment and ethics.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years as personal and/or executive assistant for a C-level executive
- Exceptional communication skills (written + verbal)
- Flawless grammar and email etiquette
- Extremely strong computer skills (Microsoft office, Photoshop, Keynote, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Proven problem solving and intrapersonal skills
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills; detail oriented
- Capabilities to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Coordinates calendars and schedules meetings. Resolves scheduling conflicts as they arise and prioritize issues to ensure an effective time management approach
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Receives screens and handles incoming telephone calls, incoming mail and other correspondence (some of which may be confidential in nature) and route as appropriate.
- Conduct research, compile date, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives.
- File and retrieve documents, records, and reports
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Prepare PowerPoints (Keynote), reports and other material for staff and meetings.
- Organizes meeting logistics and special events as required.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- A dynamic person who can switch projects and focus with ease, and can easily multi-task between various projects. Things can and do change directions, and this should be both expected and anticipated!
- Having the ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment while keeping composure
- “If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find it” personality. Take initiative to do research to get an answer.
- Someone who will take ownership of a project and show initiative.
- Someone who has no problem picking up the phone and talking to a stranger, helping someone out, or setting someone straight in a firm, yet professional way.
- Someone who possesses sound judgment and maintains a high level of professionalism at all times.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Able to work at a computer 8 hours per day.
- Good vision, hearing, clear speech.
- Able to lift 5 – 10 pound boxes and/or files.
- Equipment used: Computer and telephone.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Required
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities and will consider religious and medical accommodations.