VP, Innovation & Technology
The Vice President of Innovation and Technology is focused on organizational innovation through technology and is accountable for managing the innovation process within Caruso that identifies strategies, business opportunities and new technologies and then develops new capabilities and architectures with partners, new business models and new industry structures to serve those opportunities. This position is responsible for organizational leadership on technology issues and day to day IT operations, management of the technology research and review function, ensuring alignment of technology vision with business strategy, and for driving technology innovation throughout the entire organization.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Support best practices: Scout and standardize market research methods for novel ideas and insights, strategic innovation, promote open innovation, and introduce group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking
- Identify new market spaces: Analyze trends and market disruptions and search for emerging new market opportunities
- Facilitate idea generation: Set up and run idea generation platforms
- Drive data analytics: Identify proven technology that will capture data and metrics which will allow the company to effectively assess value creation and value capture from our tenants, customers, and properties. Analyze data to better demine how and where we are generating revenue and profitability, who are our customers at each property, and how we can drive additional income through customer acquisition and retention.
- Create, build, and manage strategic architecture: Provide vision and leadership by championing key technology initiatives that will transform the way Caruso does business internally, with its partners, customers, and guests. Develop and maintain an effective technology organizational structure that supports the needs of the business. Identify and maximize opportunities for technology efficacy, scalability, and innovation. Drive a cohesive strategy balancing short-term wins with long-term sustainability.
- Solve problems: Prioritize technology projects and manage workload resourcing to ensure on-time and on-budget completion.
- Assess business needs: Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine technology needs. Strategize and deliver technology initiatives aligned with business initiatives.
- Manage people and budget: Build and manage to a technology budget that includes a prioritized project list and people strategy.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in technology, product management, and/or innovation consulting, with minimum 10 years of management/leadership experience
- Experience developing, identifying, and installing technology that helps capture and retain customers
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with executive management and peers, and direct reports, as well as manage complex cross-functional initiatives with minimal direction
- Experience working with enterprise technology
- Operational background and demonstrated success in leading complex projects and programs
- Proven track record of translating high level strategy into actionable operational plans
- Passion for catalyzing and driving change, and the skills to develop and drive strategic initiatives across all facets of Caruso’s businesses
- Bachelor’s degree required
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.