Director, Loyalty Marketing
Corporate Headquarters /
The Director of Loyalty Marketing will lead strategy and development of the Caruso Signature loyalty program including program features, offers, services, rewards to deliver exceptional experiences that deepen relationships between Caruso and our most loyal guests. This candidate will utilize advanced technology and loyalty platforms to ensure the most frictionless experience to track member spend and obtain valuable insights into our guests’ visitation and consumer behavior. An understanding of CRM, mobile app development, and analytical platforms is required to support the management and iteration of this program. This candidate will be responsible for developing and driving strategy for the program, encouraging cross-property visitation and spend, identifying monetization opportunities, maximizing retailer sales, fulfilling member benefits and rewards, and attracting, developing, and retaining members. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong skillset in marketing, analytics, communications, project management, budgeting, and consumer loyalty. Experience in journey marketing and using data to build test strategies and curated content is critical. This candidate will be responsible for measuring and reporting on the success of various initiatives to help lead our best-in-class loyalty strategy alongside our data science team. The Director of Loyalty Marketing will collaborate closely with our loyalty services teams as well as lead communications to all internal stakeholders and external partners.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Lead strategy and development of the Caruso Signature loyalty program.
- Develop and manage roadmap of new loyalty offers, rewards, features, and services to support business goals, measure program success and track ROI.
- Manage and track annual loyalty budget as well as reward and benefit reconciliation. Partner with Finance to price loyalty rewards and services for sustainability.
- Develop CRM data and marketing strategy integrated across the Caruso portfolio.
- Build program for optimization, best in class process execution and fulfillment to successfully achieve all metrics and KPIs.
- Analyze data to determine and anticipate shopping/visitation habits and spend as well as proactively track retail and loyalty trends.
- Identify ways to monetize the loyalty program through potential partnerships, subscriptions models or by other means.
- Maximize data that is captured through the program.
- Work with retailers and brand partners to develop meaningful membership rewards.
- Manage external consultants and vendors to support the development and iteration of the program and its features.
- Report results and provide updates to leadership and tenants.
- Lead marketing strategy in support of key loyalty initiatives including brand campaigns, creative, direct mail, email marketing, digital advertising, mobile app, property signage, out-of-home, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and consistency across all programming. Partners include, but are not limited to leasing, tech, data & innovation, brand partnerships, events, operations, social, digital, PR, property and brand marketing.
- Develop and plan all member communication and acquisition marketing materials to drive KPIs.
- Demonstrate an ability to learn various technology platforms quickly as the loyalty program is supported by several different systems, e.g. Salesforce, Cheetah.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and lead training sessions for internal and external stakeholders for new features.
- Provide support to loyalty services operations with member communications, maintaining and building member relationships.
- Create member events and programming that elevate the Caruso brand and drive traffic and sales to our tenants.
- Identify and implement innovative technologies and systems to utilize CRM data and generate curated consumer communication.
- Identify new opportunities to expand loyalty program across the portfolio and integrate with all audiences in the Caruso ecosystem e.g. resort, restaurant, office, club, residential.
- Organize and manage multiple detail-oriented projects and meet deadlines.
- Oversee change management as it relates to the adoption of a new loyalty program, CRM platform and new data available for use across the organization.
- Minimum of six years’ experience in loyalty or related field
- CRM experience – Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Experience with or knowledgeable in card-linking technology
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional and pleasant tone of service
- Management of team including cross functional and direct reports
- Must be able to lead a team of internal partners and external vendors
- Management of program budgets and billing reconciliation
- Self-starter, takes initiative, and anticipates needs of others
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation, come up with solutions and implement them
- Comfortable speaking and giving presentations to large audiences
Position Salary Range: $125,000 - $140,000, bonus eligible. The salary range is the one that Caruso reasonably expects to pay for this position. The salary range does not guarantee, obligate, nor set expectations of an applicant’s wage in the event of hire. The posted range is only one component of Caruso’s total compensation and benefits package.
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities and will consider religious and medical accommodations.