Vice President, Fashion PR & Social Media
The Vice President PR is an experienced full-time employee responsible for generating positive earned media for Caruso, its properties and fashion & beauty retail tenants across its portfolio. This position liaises with all tiers of media, strategic partners and influencers focusing on lifestyle, fashion, and retail. This position also leads and manages earned social media and influencer relationships and events.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage fashion, retail, beauty and lifestyle-related earned media efforts and influencer relationships for Caruso, its properties and tenants across the portfolio to drive positive coverage, buzz and awareness in the industry among national, regional and local publication
- Develop and execute innovative influencer programs and events to increase engagement and followers of Caruso, properties, and retail tenants
- Lead and Manage PR and influencer engagement efforts for retail tenant openings in fashion and beauty across the portfolio
- Develop and execute strategic and focused press strategies supporting brand initiatives
- Develop and execute event strategy based on special initiatives supporting both the image of the brand and retailing events for our brand partners
- Must be able to manage day-to-day strategic counsel, research, planning, and execution of PR initiatives that tie back to the overarching larger strategy
- Present decks and materials that capture the overall strategy with well-defined goals and targets for every initiative
- Oversee implementation of PR/Communications campaigns/strategies, which include press releases, social media campaigns, blogs and feature articles. This role will work in conjunction with the SVP of Communications, external agencies and must maintain and build relationship with press and influencers
- Identify, engage and maintain relationships with all tiers of influencers (bloggers, tastemakers, stylists, personalities, industry insiders, etc.) to incorporate into various programs, focusing on social media integration to elevate our brand and support growth in the digital space
- Manage social media manager to create authentic, engaging content, social campaigns and activations to increase followers and generate engagement through influencer relationships
- Pursue and maintain positive relationships with all levels of media to drive positive editorial coverage
- Work with marketing to conceptualize property-based influencer initiatives
- Partner with marketing teams, creative services to run 360° communications initiatives
- Must be able to understand full ROI and must be able to quantify impact of any pr/marketing/communications initiatives the team initiates
- Must be able to develop and maintain annual budgets
- Must be able to oversee and project manage any special projects/initiatives and ensure that those partnerships are capitalized to its full potential
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and/or proficiency in at least one design program (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Master awareness of PR / marketing trends.
- Keen knowledge about the fashion and retail industry.
- Detailed awareness of our retail tenant brands, marketing, etc.
- Ability to work well with others and have a team attitude and response.
- Willingness to work during non-office hours and weekends.
- Ability to think out of the box.
- Calm demeanor and positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, public relations, journalism, marketing, or similar degree.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.