Manager, Risk Management
The position will report directly to the EVP, Chief Financial Officer, serve as a member of the Risk Management Committee (along with the General Counsel, EVP, HR, EVP, Development, and EVP, Operations), and work with internal and agency stakeholders to mitigate risk exposure and manage adequacy of controls
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead on risk assessments and control processes, including coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze operational risk data and perform risk assessments that identify key risks, controls, and gaps
- Manage day-to-day aspects of Caruso’s risk insurance programs, e.g. property and casualty, general liability and workers’ compensation, including evaluation of coverage, coordination and support of annual renewals, and claims management
- Analyze legal or insurance contracts, including liability and insurance clauses with contracts to identify, control, and manage risk exposures
- Collect claims data for submission for all lines of coverage, address insurers’ on-going questions and issues through claims resolution
- Complete analysis and reporting of risk management data and incident reports to identify trends
- Responsible for administrative processes, e.g. tenant/vendor reviews, statement of values, coordination of necessary data for construction, etc.
- Partner/collaborate with assigned insurance broker and carriers
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Risk Management, Insurance, or related field
- Knowledge and proficiency in the fundamentals of risk management and claims mitigation
- Fundamental understanding of applicable Federal and State OSHA standards and regulations
- Self-starter, takes initiative, and anticipates needs of others
- Tenacious with excellent follow up
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field required
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.