The copywriter is responsible for writing marketing copy and content as part of the creative team. This position will work closely with the creative director, senior copywriter and brand marketing leadership to produce a clear, consistent voice for marketing materials and initiatives. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and has demonstrated experience concepting and writing copy across multiple platforms. Copywriter will create fresh content for all visual elements that will support Caruso’s marketing, advertising, promotion, event and campaign initiatives across the portfolio of properties. Candidate must provide creative content for web, emails, digital advertising, social media, blogs, newsletters, operational signage, training manuals, executive presentations, print advertising, billboards, direct mail, program naming, event initiatives and corresponding support materials.
The copywriter will work along the creative and digital team to ensure copy works in harmony with all creative execution. In addition to creating original content, the copywriter must possess an eye for detail for basic copy editing to ensure that everything that is produced meets the highest copy standards.
This fast-paced position supports our dozen existing properties for events, promotions, store openings, marketing, advertising, etc. - and supports the company in its corporate communications and marketing needs, including new product and service launches, advertising, as well as supporting select projects in development.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy as needed on a wide range of projects including but not limited to: web and email copy, blog posts, brochures and other collateral, advertising copy and headlines, newsletters, invitations, FAQs, key message documents, brief event scripts, social and blog posts, B2B advertising copy, email marketing, brand positioning, event collateral, on property signage, etc.
- Work closely with graphic designers, digital and property marketing teams during the iterative process
- Generate naming ideas for projects, events, seasonal campaigns, services, etc. as needed per brand marketing direction
- 5+ years copy-writing experience required
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Have some agency experience; in-house or journalism experience is also a plus (but some agency experience is strongly desired)
- Experience with SEO
- Well versed in online media: email, web, social
- Be highly creative and curious, which is reflected in an engaging product
- Work collaboratively across teams in the brand and digital marketing department to create work that meets marketing objectives and to establish consistency across mediums
- Understand brand voice and tone and how they translate to various audiences
- Know Associated Press Style
- Learn and adhere to Caruso brand guidelines (follow a style guide)
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and be an active participant in ensuring the integrity of the project strategy is maintained throughout the creative process
- Demonstrate effective time management to handle and prioritize multiple projects regardless of the inevitable changing scope, timelines, goals, deliverable, etc.
- Strong print and online portfolio of work - showcasing digital and demonstrating a flexible range of writing styles and topics
- Love storytelling and a knowledge of cultural trends in retail, fashion, beauty, hospitality, popular culture, and media
- Be a self-starter with a sense of urgency, follow up and attention to detail
- BA or BA degree in English, journalism, marketing or similar
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.