Assistant Property Manager, Valley Region
The Americana at Brand /
The Assistant Property Manager for the Valley Region is a guest / resident / tenant facing team member, responsible for assisting the Property Manager in managing all aspects of the properties’ operation and maximizing Net Operating Income. The position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the iconic properties with specific focus on guest experience, tenant relations, budgeting and expense control, property events and office administrative tasks. Additional duties are designed to deliver an unparalleled level of service that surpasses all expectations in a professional, friendly, warm, and engaging manner.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Developing new and creative approaches towards the guest experience and training Ambassadors on different methods to elevate property standards.
- Creating ultimate guest satisfaction by providing extraordinary service.
- Performing administrative duties relevant to the department operation.
- Assisting in the scheduling and supervising of Concierge ambassadors.
- Providing departmental training and guidance.
- Following-up with guests who have concerns and challenges during their visit and ensure that all issues are resolved.
- Planning and execution of events.
- Working with property teams to evaluate and correct guest concerns.
- Monitor and assess property conditions to ensure standards are being upheld, including cleanliness, landscaping, tenant operating hours.
- Coordinating guest and resident needs with other departments, as required, to ensure a seamless outcome.
- Effectively listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Communicating, both verbally and in writing, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and focused manner.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Attending all property meetings, operations meetings, and participation in the MOD program.
- Fostering teamwork in an environment that motivates and sustains exceptional levels of performance.
- Soliciting employee feedback, and utilizing an "open door" policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Leading by example and ensuring all Ambassadors meet Caruso grooming standards, to include clean and pressed uniforms that are worn in the correct manner.
- Greeting all guests with the Caruso Hospitality Standards and being informed of all necessary property information at all other Caruso properties.
- Reviewing and processing invoices in a timely manner.
- Workingwithandassisting the Marketing teamtopromotedifferent property activations, initiatives, and programs.
- Recording and ensuring all requests from guests/residents/tenants in the designated data entry systems.
- Being knowledgeable of the local demographics and their shopping and dining habits.
- Provide general administrative duties; electronic filing, data entry, reporting, order supplies and create name badges.
- Assist with shipping and receiving mail/packages.
- Management of the general property email; respond to guest inquires and feedback within 48 hours, escalating concerns as needed.
- Prepare and send impound and reconciliation letters annually.
- Management and maintain the Insurance database for properties, tenants, and vendors.
- Manage all purchase orders and check requests.
- Prepare tenant communications and memos.
- Track and assist with any lease compliance related issues.
- Assist in the retrieval and compilation of tenant performance data, including gross sales and business updates.
- Oversight of holiday related initiatives such as Santa photo and Easter photos with an emphasis on guest experience, maximization of revenue and expense control.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reporting, including monthly forecast and annual budgets.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all storage lease agreements with the store and cart tenants.
- Order and manage inventory for special events.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospitality setting.
- Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Professional and pleasant tone of service.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative, team spirit, and positive outlook.
- Tenacious with excellent follow up.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload.
- Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills.
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Possess the ability to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”.
- Strong work ethic.
- Early morning, late nights and holidays may be required to support the operation and/or Concierge team needs.
- Knowledge of the immediate and surrounding areas for off-site guidance and recommendations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as a Manager on Duty.
- College degree preferred.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Able to push a Bell Cart or Flat Bed up to 30 pounds.
- Sitting up to 8 hours a day, walking up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Equipment used: Phone System, Computer, Radio, Bell Cart or Flat Bed Cart.
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.