Project Interior Design Assistant
The Interior Design Assistant will provide valuable support on the Miramar Resort and Beach Club and Palisades Village design projects. The position requires the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a detail-oriented and highly organized way. This is a contract position.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Support Palisades Village and Miramar Resort and Beach Club design projects.
- Assist Designers with various tasks
- Working with the design team to do interior finishes and FF&E selection of the Palisades Village VIP Room, Conference Room, and Lobby
- Working with the design team to assist with final interior design, accessories, and art for the Miramar Hotel
- Calling vendors and visiting showrooms to get samples, pricing, and information
- Assist Designers in an administrative capacity
- Exceptional communication skills (written + verbal)
- Advanced computer skills (AutoCad, Bluebeam, and excel proficient)
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Cooperative team player, willing to “roll up their sleeves” and work collaboratively to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Flexible personality who is adept at switching projects and focus with ease, and can easily multi-task between various projects with competing deadlines. Things can and do change directions, and this should be both expected and anticipated
- Ability to cooperatively interface with all departments in company
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Must be confidential and discreet with highly sensitive information
- Knowledge of preliminary space planning, concept studies, elevations, details and specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.