Director, Public Relations
The Director of Public Relations is responsible for developing and executing public relations campaigns that elevate the Caruso brand and its brand partners (tenants). The position acts as the primary liaison for regional, national, digital, and local press focused on entertainment, food, lifestyle, and retail. The ideal candidate is forward thinking, has extensive media relationships and excels in a fast-paced environment.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Develop communication strategies by working closely with company stakeholders including, but not limited to, leasing, marketing, creative, social media, design, and business development.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with press, talent agencies, digital influencers, and brand partners (tenants).
- Secure editorial coverage around company and brand partner initiatives in target media outlets.
- Actively pursue and maintain positive relationships with all tiers of media to drive editorial coverage.
- Maximize effectiveness of campaigns, working cross functionally with Brand Marketing, Social, and Brand Partners.
- Develop PR-driven activations and opportunities that generate buzz and excitement around the Caruso properties and for its brand partners.
- Develop written materials, including key messaging, communications plans and FAQs, other collateral as needed for Caruso and / or its tenants.
- Liaise with social media and marketing functions on a daily basis to add PR-value to existing platforms, events, promotions, etc.
- Create monthly recap reports for senior executives.
- Work with VP of Public Relations to support overarching brand strategy including, but not limited to, content creation for websites, FAQ, and other development related communication material as needed.
- Work closely with external PR firm to lead proactive and reactive PR campaigns, source opportunities, and prepare tenant campaign updates and campaign materials.
- Actively monitor competitive and media landscapes to identify story ideas, opportunities and threats, and help develop communications responses.
- Excellent writer; ability to draft statements, press releases quickly
- Organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent media relationships (local and regional)
- Proven track record in securing meaningful editorial coverage at all scales (product, features, news, announcements, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Ability to work well with others and have a team attitude
- Willingness to work during non-office hours and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in English, public relations, journalism, marketing, or similar degree.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.