Corporate Headquarters /
The Senior Vice President of Marketing is responsible for developing and guiding the overall marketing strategy for the company and its properties while generating revenue through events and amenity sponsorship, percent rent, and new business development. S/he will be responsible for elevating the Caruso brand and will lead all marketing, positioning, branding, digital, loyalty marketing, customer relationship and retention activities. This professional develops and executes a strategic marketing plan that emphasizes data-driven marketing designed to maximize profitability and retailer sales and subsequently measure its results. The SVP must have a strong ability to nurture and manage a high performing team.
The SVP, Marketing is a part of the company’s leadership team and will advise and counsel the Chief Business Officer, CEO and other management as needed. S/he will serve as change agent with a management style that motivates best-in-class performance.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Work with management teams within the functional disciplines of marketing, creative, digital and sponsorship to create a long term and integrated marketing strategy that aligns with operations, design, development, and finance. Provide a valuable sounding board for integration.
- Develop a metrics based strategy that will continually enhance and protect the Caruso brand and measure the effectiveness of specific marketing initiatives. Measure and report results.
- Collaborate closely throughout the company to ensure alignment and ultimate synergy of marketing opportunities.
- Partner with technology on best-in-class data driven initiatives designed to better understand “the customer”, his/her preferences and the journey across our properties.
- Develop a strategy to encourage cross-visitation across our properties and asset classes.
- Branding and Marketing
- Develop and implement a branding and marketing strategy that supports and aligns with the company’s critical business needs and long-term strategic plan.
- Oversee the Marketing team and review and approve all consumer-facing marketing and other collateral for the company.
- Oversee incorporation of sponsors at Caruso properties, on collateral, at events and on Caruso websites.
- Manage and drive online marketing across all digital and social platforms.
- Provide direction and planning advice for all qualitative and quantitative research, as well as back-end analytical support and business recommendations, based on findings and key consumer insights.
- Conduct customer and competitor research; collaborate with others in the organization to ensure the corporate brand’s prime positioning in the market and to strategically unlock additional growth opportunities.
- Work with the Chief Business Officer and CFO to maximize revenues and long- term financial performance through activities such as sales, filming, maximization of percent rent, partnership marketing and revenue-producing events. Assure an integrated, consistent brand and tone with all relationships.
- Have direct involvement in the sourcing, evaluation and approval of all sponsored event ideas and review proposed execution.
- Ensure that all activities maintain brand integrity and allow partnerships to enhance company efforts and offer positive value for the brand.
- Negotiate partnership deals that enhance the brand and provide attractive economic returns.
- Continually create, develop and refine unique ways to drive specialty income at the company’s properties; anticipate trends.
- Plan, direct and coordinate partnership and marketing budgets in accordance with organizational goals. Review and approve marketing reports, vendor contracts and expenditures