Director, Loyalty Marketing
Corporate Headquarters /
The Director of Loyalty Marketing will lead all Member Relations for the Caruso Rewards loyalty program delivering a guest experience that deepens relationships between Caruso and our most loyal and frequent guests. This candidate will help to identify advanced technology platforms that will reinvent the loyalty program creating the most seamless, frictionless experience to track guest spend and obtain valuable insights into our guests’ visitation and shopping behavior. This candidate will be responsible for developing and driving strategy for the program, encouraging cross-visitation and spend, identifying monetization opportunities, maximizing retailer sales, fulfilling member benefits and rewards, planning and executing member events as well as focusing on acquisition and membership growth. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong skill set in shopper marketing, consumer loyalty, guest service and event planning. The position will collaborate closely with our guest services teams as well as manage all vendor and tenant relationships. Additionally, this candidate will be responsible for measuring and reporting on the success of various initiatives to help lead our best-in-class loyalty strategy. Must be flexible to work weekends, late nights and holidays to support the Caruso Rewards operation.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Manage the Caruso Rewards Member Relations through member communications, maintaining and building member relationships, providing superb guest service, and timely responses as well as managing guest resolutions.
- Develop CRM and loyalty marketing strategy and integration across Caruso portfolio.
- Develop, plan, produce and execute all monthly member events and programming that successfully accomplishes the goals of the Caruso brand as well the goals of our tenants.
- Identify and implement innovative technologies and systems to utilize CRM data and generate curated consumer communication.
- Identify new opportunities to expand/integrate loyalty program within the entire Caruso ecosystem e.g. hotels, restaurants, private club, residential.
- Create unique and memorable experiences for our most frequent and loyal guests.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and consistency across all programming. Cross functional partners include, but are not limited to: social, digital, PR, brand partnerships, retail leasing, brand marketing, and tenant marketing.
- Lead creative development of key loyalty initiatives including weekly emails, event invitations, reward graphics, and marketing assets.
- Manage and track an annual loyalty budget as well as reward and benefit reconciliation.
- Proactively track retail and loyalty trends.
- Organize and manage multiple detail-oriented projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate an ability to be nimble and adapt to industry shifts by educating internal teams.
- Oversee change management as it relates to potential transition to a new loyalty program offering.
- Build program for optimization, best in class process execution and fulfillment to successfully achieve all metrics and KPIs.
- Develop programs to encourage shopping and visitation across Caruso properties and various asset classes.
- Analyze data to determine and anticipate shopping/visitation habits and spend.
- Identify ways to monetize the loyalty program through potential partnerships, subscriptions models or by other means.
- Maximize data that is captured through the program.
- Work with retailers and external partners to develop meaningful rewards for our guests.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- CRM experience
- Ability to provide superb customer service skills, while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor at all times
- Minimum of six years’ experience in loyalty or related field
- Management of team including cross functional and direct reports
- Management of program budgets and billing reconciliation
- Ability to plan and execute monthly member events including all event logistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional and pleasant tone of service
- Self-starter, takes initiative, and anticipates needs of others
- Tenacious with excellent follow up
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Proven problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation, come up with solutions and implement them
- Solid judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with or knowledgeable in card-linking technology
- Content management
Success factors/job competencies:
- Employee must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Must demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be timely, reliable, and consistent with attendance and schedule requirements
- Proactive, approachable, and solution-focused
- Maintains a pulse in competitive and best-in-class loyalty programs (retailer, hotel, and shopping center programs)
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English
- Standing for up to 8 hours a day
- Sitting up to 8 hours a day, walking up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to stoop and bend
- Equipment used: computer, phone system, Bell Cart or Flat Bed Cart
- Must be compliant with Caruso Grooming Standards
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.