Accountant, Restaurants and Hotel
The Restaurant and Hotel Accountant, is responsible for financial reporting for all the companies restaurant and hotel operations. Must demonstrate attention to detail, critical thinking and the ability to communicate effectively with the Accounting and Finance team as well as outside restaurant operators. The role requires a seasoned individual with a strong understanding of accounting/finance with a commitment to accuracy and meeting multiple, sometimes competing deadlines. The Restaurant and Hotel Accountant must be extremely organized and able to consistently and accurately manage multiple on-going tasks. Requires excellent work ethic and the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (Restaurant Accounting):
- Ensure all restaurant activities are correctly reported in the general ledger.
- Record payroll entries for the restaurant entities as needed.
- Verify all daily sales are correctly recorded in the general ledger.
- Interface with outside operators / managers to obtain monthly financial statements and record activity in the general ledger.
- Prepare and post month end accruals, inventory adjustment and recurring entries.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Maintain support for balance sheet and income statement accounts for assigned companies.
- Prepare month-end journal entries for assigned companies.
- Review general ledger and adjust/explain variances.
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements to management
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (Hotel Accounting):
- Interface with onsite personnel and hotel manager to ensure all activities are being properly tracked and reported.
- Upload / entry monthly hotel activity into the general ledger.
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a hotel / restaurant environment.
- Real estate and/or public accounting experience a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and JD Edwards.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.