Residential Concierge Lead, The Residences of 8500 Burton Way
The Lead Concierge of 8500 Burton Way is a guest facing position who will lead a team of Concierge Ambassadors by example to ensure a five-star, high quality guest experience. This position is dedicated to ensuring unparalleled service in all interactions for valued guests. This includes, but is not limited to, service via phone, email and in person. Must be able to multi-task, track and resolve issues to completion and exhibits professionalism on a consistent basis. Manages the collection of guest feedback, sources solutions and ensures a timely response in conjunction with proper communication of feedback to internal team members, especially the General Manager for the property. The position will provide leadership support; and assistance to the team; train and coach staff as needed and enforce all Caruso policies and procedures. Must demonstrate willingness and ability to shift priorities as needed. Must be an organized, proactive self-starter, able to research and problem solve, while always maintaining excellent judgment and ethics.
The position reports directly to the Concierge Supervisor, but will have dotted line reporting to the property General Manager and Senior Director of Hospitality and Loyalty Services.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Ensure five-star service is provided to each resident and visitor at 8500 Burton Way.
- Fulfill guest and resident requests including, but not limited to; in-home dining orders, restaurant reservations, travel arrangements, mobile charger rentals, maintenance requests, dry cleaning services, package delivery, bell cart runs, stroller/wheel chair/umbrella rental, as well as any and additional legal requests to fulfill the “full service” commitment.
- Communicate and document any tenant/guest compliment, complaints, or additional feedback and provide follow up to solve these issues.
- Partner with Concierge Supervisor to ensure monthly reports are completed and submitted to management.
- Assume payroll and scheduling responsibilities, as needed.
- Ensure Concierge Ambassadors adhere to uniform guidelines at all times. Must be clean and pressed and worn in the appropriate manner.
- Coordinate resident needs with other departments as required, ensuring a seamless guest experience.
- Employee shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. Under no circumstances will non-cooperative behavior be tolerated.
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervising teams of 5 or more: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Work authorization (Preferred)
- Must be flexible to work weekends, early morning, late nights and holidays to support the operation and entire team needs.
- Ability to provide superb customer service skills, while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Comfortable working alone and in a group setting.
- Minimum of two years experience in a hospitality setting.
- Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Professional and pleasant tone of service.
- Must be an organized; detail oriented, self-starter who is able to work independently and part of a group.
- Comfortable with welcoming our valued guests using a variety of seasonal greetings including, but not limited to, “Happy Holidays”, “Merry Christmas”, “Happy New Year”.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, and anticipates needs of others.
- Tenacious with excellent follow up.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve & prioritize workload.
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation, come up with solutions and implement them.
- An unflappable, confident demeanor.
- Solid judgment.
- Strong work ethic
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to push a Bell Cart or Flat Bed up to 30 pounds.
- Standing, sitting and/or walking for up to 8 hours a day
- Equipment used: phone system, computer, I-Pad, Radio, Bell Cart or Flat Bed Cart.
- Must be compliant with Caruso Grooming Standards.
- Uniform provided must be worn properly and in accordance to the uniform standards within the policies and procedures of this role.
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Booster Required
Position Salary Range: $19-$21/hr. The salary range is the one that Caruso reasonably expects to pay for this position. The salary range does not guarantee, obligate, nor set expectations of an applicant’s wage in the event of hire. The posted range is only one component of Caruso’s total compensation and benefits package.
Caruso is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities and will consider religious and medical accommodations.