Maintenance Engineer, Palisades Village
The Maintenance Engineers are responsible for all physical operations, maintenance and repairs of Palisades Village; including preservation and maintenance of both the retail and residential property in a first-class manner in accordance with policies and procedures defined by the company, maintaining and/or decreasing the operating expenses of the property, providing a quality business environment for tenants and guest, and establishing a positive, productive working relationship with the property staff. The Engineers are primarily responsible for satisfactory completion of all service requests at the property.
- Ability to provide superb customer service skills, while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor at all time
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Certification from an accredited college or related trade school is preferred. Formal training and/or certificates from related institutes (BOMA, IREM, local community college, vocational program) reflecting completion of maintenance related course or courses and/or two or more years intercompany training/experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area of commercial building or retail center facilities, construction, maintenance or other related field is preferred.
- Must be well organized and hard working.
- 3-5 years’ experience in general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting or general contracting skills is a plus
- Must have medium to advanced knowledge of property maintenance
- Speak, write and comprehend intermediary English
- Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility quickly, without error
- Proficient in one or more areas of commercial building maintenance relating to plumbing, electrical, general repairs, and life safety equipment.
- A strong ability to assimilate maintenance related information (both inferred and explicit) and deduce logical and supportable responses and recommendations.
- Must have or complete Boom Lift, Scissor Lift and Fork Lift Operator Safety Training
- Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of maintenance for a commercial retail/residential property.
- Under the direction of the general manager, the Maintenance Engineers are principally responsible for completing repairs, preventive maintenance tasks, maintaining all property systems in good working order, and routinely inspecting the property, making most efficient use of available resources, and monitoring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of service requests, observation and reporting of potential liability concerns or safety hazards to the General Manager.
- Responsible for knowledge of general property-specific needs or problems in one or more of the following; plumbing systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, tile/masonry, and/or painting/patching, etc.
- Under the direction of the General Manager, the Maintenance Engineers are principally responsible for completing repairs, preventive maintenance tasks, maintaining all property systems in good working order, and routinely inspecting the property, making most efficient use of available resources, and monitoring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible with the General Manager for knowledge of, and participation in, company safety policies and the safety and enforcement of safe work practices with the maintenance staff.
- Maintenance Engineer shall oversee and coordinate safe efficient operation of all building systems including: Hot Water Boilers, Exhaust and Supply fans.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for completion of any other tasks or duties which may be assigned as required to facilitate the safe and efficient functioning of the commercial property.
- Must be available (on-call) for emergency duties.
- Must be available as needed on various shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be able to provide labor and operational expertise necessary for center events.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License
- Employee shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Must demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Follow the Steps of Service and be aware of all property information, events and provide 5-star services experience for all guests and residents.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be timely, reliable and consistent with attendance and schedule requirements.
- Proactive, approachable and solution-focused.
- Able to present and maintain a business professional appearance daily in the mandatory uniform assigned to this role.
- This position is active and regularly requires standing and lifting or moving items up to 50 pounds. The employee will have to be mobile to move about the entire property and may occasionally travel off the property. The employee must be able to read manuals, safety materials, operational guides to equipment, and service contracts.
- Must be clean shaven at all times
- The employee must be able to climb a ladder and/or stairs to inspect and maintain roofs and engineering areas of commercial buildings. The employee must be able to read, write, speak, hear, lift heavy objects and drive a car.
- The employee must be able to hear well enough to communicate with management, co-workers, vendors, contractors, tenants and customers. The employee is required to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch, climb ladders, and use hands to handle, grasp, feel or reach.
- Able to multi-task and maintain good temperament during high pressure situations.
- Able to handle criticism and a variety of personality types.
- Able to carry out beginning to intermediate written and verbal directions.
- Hand tools
- Power Tools
- Office Equipment
- Fork lift, scissor lift, boom lift and other heavy machinery, other equipment and tools routinely used by engineering and maintenance personnel
- Uniform provided must be worn properly and in accordance to the uniform standards within the policies and procedures of this role.
Success factors/job competencies:
Physical demands and work environment: