The Graphic Designer will be responsible for the concept, design and development of digital, social and print marketing, and will be a hands-on contributor that executes concepts and visual direction of creative and art directors. Responsible for creating visual assets across all platforms and channels with oversight of daily production work, as a member of the creative team.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Design and produce visual marketing materials, including but not limited to event collateral, invitations, banners, signage, brochures, digital and print advertising, web and email assets, presentation decks, etc. that adhere to existing Caruso and property brand guidelines
- Create assets for blogs and social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Guides multiple projects simultaneously from concept to execution in a fast-paced deadline drive environment
- Proof graphics, illustrations and associated copy with deliberation to ensure accuracy
- Participate in project kick-off meetings and regular status meeting with project leaders and brand marketing leadership
- Create, manage and maintain design files, including stock and custom-created graphics, illustrations and logos
- Utilize internal tracking systems and procedures
- 5+ years of professional graphic design experience at a top studio or agency in a Senior Designer role or similar
- Extensive design portfolio that shows strong conceptual thinking and graphic design execution skills in a sophisticated and elegant style
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and current design programs
- Knowledge of photography or video editing would be considered a plus but not a must
- Expert knowledge of complex page layout production, color and photo correction and typography for print and digital media
- Expert knowledge of printing technologies and procedures, including writing print specs, requesting quotes and setting up print-ready files
- Exceptional communication skills to support professional exchanges in brainstorming sessions involving cross-functional and multi-level management teams
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and consistently demonstrate a high level of organization
- Collaborative, motivational and inspirational attitude; creative thinker
- Passionate about content and storytelling
- Experience working collaboratively with all levels of designers and copywriters
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or Visual Communications
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.