New York, NY /
Casdin Capital, LLC (“Casdin”) is a New York based fundamental research investment firm focused on the life sciences and healthcare industry. The firm manages a long-short equity fund as well as making investments in early stage to late stage private investments. Casdin was launched in 2012 by founder and CIO Eli Casdin and as of January 2021 has approximately $3.3 billion in assets under management.
At Casdin we start from a position of curiosity, honesty and passion to gain a deep and thoughtful understanding of opportunities in the life science ecosystem. We commit to finding the highest quality management teams doing the work to create high growth companies. We use data to continually advance our knowledge and we are long term investors. We believe in collaboration and transparency and operate at the forefront of innovation.
The Credit Analyst will be the debt and special situation expert working across the life sciences and therapeutics sectors. The primary focus of this role will be to support the CIO and Research team in evaluating and structuring debt financings from the existing deal flow provided by the Research team and from building a pipeline of potential deals. The role is to manage the entire credit product investment life cycle from beginning to end, to have a perspective on the whole debt portfolio, and to play a key role in the deal structuring and negotiation aspects of the transaction process.
The ideal candidate thrives in a growth-stage environment, driving the development of our credit product in addition to the core responsibilities listed. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the next generation of investments that Casdin will pursue to invest in world-class Life Sciences companies. Although the role will likely start as a remote hire (due to COVID), we prefer for candidates to be based out of the NYC or BOS areas.
- Lead the research, analysis of potential debt financings and initiate a set of investments to support the existing investment thesis.
- Support the CIO and Research team to determine possible debt financings for deal flow primarily provided by the Research team.
- Build or bring a pipeline of potential Life Sciences deals.
- Manage the entire credit product investment life cycle from idea generation, portfolio management of current investments to exit strategy.
- Ability to complete all analysis to assess transaction potential and leverage existing Casdin processes.
- Engage regularly with the research team to review fundamental, technical, and relative value developments as debt positions are established.
- Ability to play a leading or supporting role in the negotiation and structuring of the transaction process.
- Work closely with the marketing and finance department to develop the credit product offering.
- Follow current events and attend relevant conferences in respective industry groups to keep the investment team informed about critical issues that are relevant to current and prospective investments.
- Ability to manage or/and hire an Associate to build out the teams capabilities.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of experience, with demonstrated knowledge of credit investments in public and private companies with a track record of investing in the Life Sciences sector preferred.
- Ability to think creatively when looking at potential structuring opportunities.
- Ability to take quantitative and qualitative information, synthesize said information to determine an investment perspective and drive to an outcome.
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, and projection modeling.
- Full-cycle transaction execution managing all stages of a directly originated investment from analysis to closing.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple threads in a highly-organized manner.
- Highly attuned to the capital markets.