Business Operations Lead
New York, NY /
Casdin Capital, LLC (“Casdin”) is a New York-based fundamental research investment firm focused on the life sciences and healthcare industry. The firm manages a long short equity fund and makes investments in early stage to late stage private investments. Casdin was launched in 2012 by founder and CIO Eli Casdin and as of September 2020 has approximately $1.8 billion in assets under management.
At Casdin we start from a position of curiosity, honesty, and passion to gain a deep and thoughtful understanding of opportunities in the life science ecosystem. We commit to finding the highest quality management teams doing the work to create high growth companies. We use data to continually advance our knowledge and we are long term investors. We believe in collaboration and transparency and operate at the forefront of innovation.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Business Operations Lead will manage company-wide business systems and processes to enable our growth and business success. With an eye to optimizing business performance, the ideal candidate will develop a deep understanding of what drives growth and productivity, they will have a view of how to work with a strategic perspective whilst enjoying the tangible results of executing on projects to advance the company’s systems and processes. The candidate will also be very comfortable with data, and be able to use data to drive objective, data-driven insights and to help understand and chart a path through complex business problems. The role will require a growth-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible, iterative environment, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop productive relationships across all levels and functions of the firm.
- Run strategic projects through to execution and drives cross-functional efforts
- Ability to deliver objective, data-driven analysis, and insights
- Build programs to make internal teams run more effectively, program managing projects that will increase business efficiency and productivity
- Partner to evolve and drive the advancement of the Research, Marketing and Finance operations.
- Evolve the Casdin business operations to best in class, continuing to look at best practices and how to increase output and effectiveness of the team.
- Model and track the ROI of high-impact, programs and partnerships.
- Own and maintain all company software vendor relationships, keeping all renewals and understanding engagements with the tools - primarily the CRM and RMS.
- Responsible for all data maintenance: a program to be designed and implemented to ensure data quality continues as the company grows
- Passionate about new technology/software and how to use within organizations, keeping an eye for ways that Casdin can automate processes to drive efficiency
- Future opportunity to develop a business operations playbook to support early-stage portfolio companies
- Preferred candidates will have 7+ years of experience working in both large and small-mid size firms with a track record of success in the business operations field.
- Candidates should have completed at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or relevant area.
- Strong analytical abilities and proficiency with Excel, and ideally SQL.
- Experience owning or being a key stakeholder in the development of a CRM and other databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including powerpoint presentation ability.
- Service-oriented mindset, rooted in problem-solving, a strong efficiency leaning, and a passion to collaborate and reach desired outcomes.
- Strategic thinking, with an innate ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources into implementable recommendations rooted in data.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop productive working relationships across all levels of the firm.
- Ability to understand, synthesize and deliver to an end users requirements.
- Resourcefulness, persistence, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, and entrepreneurial environment.