Business Development Director
New York, NY /
Casdin Capital, LLC (“Casdin”) is a New York based fundamental research investment firm focused on the life sciences and healthcare industry. The firm manages a long short equity fund and makes investments in early stage to late stage private investments. Casdin was launched in 2012 by founder and CIO Eli Casdin and as of October 2020 has approximately $2 billion in assets under management.
At Casdin we start from a position of curiosity, honesty, and passion to gain a deep and thoughtful understanding of opportunities in the life science ecosystem. We commit to finding the highest quality management teams doing the work to create high growth companies. We use data to continually advance our knowledge and we are long term investors. We believe in collaboration and transparency and operate at the forefront of innovation.
We are in an exciting stage of growth and can offer the ideal candidate an opportunity to significantly impact our AUM target while helping us create new investment products. There will be a focus on developing and executing a highly successful sales strategy focusing on selling our product offerings to new and existing investors as well as expanding the Casdin network over the long run. The ideal candidate has a relentless drive, top of the charts EQ, and has an uncanny ability to influence others through their propensity to create opportunities where others see impossible challenges. A growth-mindset is critical to success in this role and will find the opportunity to join the firm at this point in our growth, quite thrilling and rewarding.
- Strategically develop and execute a go-to-market plan with a focus on selling our product offerings to new and existing investors spanning pension funds, family offices, endowments and foundations.
- Delivers AUM and revenue targets for the business and thrives in a commercially minded environment. Prioritizes appropriately to focus efforts on the highest quality opportunities to drive to AUM targets whilst setting up for strong long-term investor relationships that align with Casdin’s investment objectives.
- Develops and builds long-term relationships, capturing thoughtful market feedback to align with our product development strategy, documenting all feedback in a CRM/knowledge database.
- Creates and organizes marketing campaigns and collateral which includes but is not limited to providing insights into the development of investor-facing materials.
- Works in close partnership with internal teams: research, finance, and operations teams to deliver high-quality client service to Casdin limited partners.
- Preferred candidates will have 10+ years of experience, ideally working in both large and small-mid size firms with a track record of success selling investment products into pension funds, high-net worth family offices, endowments, and foundations.
- Ability to meet fundraising demands while handling competing priorities, in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft engaging and influential messages for investors, marketing collateral to support investor pitch materials, and regular investor relations connection points.
- Researchers Mentality, with the ability to discover value in the preparation of digging into a network and identifying connections to leverage.
- Ability to work independently and diligently – can develop a clear ask for what analysis is required to support investor discussions and work with subject matter experts throughout the company to compile relevant components.
- Appreciates the value and owns the process of relationship tracking within the CRM.