Administrative Coordinator, Research
New York, NY /
Casdin Capital, LLC (“Casdin”) is a New York-based fundamental research investment firm focused on the life sciences and healthcare industry. The firm manages a long-short equity fund and makes early- to late-stage private investments. Casdin was launched in 2012 by founder and CIO Eli Casdin and manages a multi-billion dollar fund.
At Casdin, we start from a position of curiosity, gaining a deep and thoughtful understanding of opportunities in the life science ecosystem. We commit to finding the highest quality management teams doing the work to create high-growth companies. We use data to continually advance our knowledge and we are long-term investors. We believe in collaboration and transparency and operate at the forefront of innovation.
The Administrative Coordinator will become integral to the administrative process that supports the Casdin Research teams day to day operations. This role acts as a utility player providing coverage and support across the Research team, working closely with the Research team Executive Assistant’s, team members and leadership, including the CIO. The successful candidate should have strong communication and organizational skills with high emotional intelligence. They should commit to achieving high accuracy, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small approach to the work. There is an exciting opportunity to learn and grow in this role; a candidate that strives for success will enjoy the challenge. The ideal candidate will be able to work well independently and possess a collaborative mindset to work as part of the administrative team at Casdin.
- The day-to-day responsibilities of the role will be fluid but include the following:
- Driven to execute in a highly visible utility player role, working collaboratively with the Casdin Capital EA’s to support day-to-day business operations.
- Excellent calendar management skills, able to manage dynamic calendars with real-time shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and effective communication, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency.
- Partner with the CIO’s Executive Assistant to coordinate business and personal priorities, ensuring a solid team dynamic to support the needs of the CIO & his family.
- Organize and manage complex travel arrangements, including private aircraft and commercial itineraries, ensuring all details align with the family’s preferences.
- Manage leisure activities by making reservations at restaurants, shows, concerts, etc., by leveraging a premiere network to accommodate a fluid schedule.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of personal properties, project managing renovations, and serve as the primary point of contact with external vendors and contractors.
- Thoughtfully engage with internal/external Casdin contacts to facilitate exceptional, high-quality engagement experiences.
- Ability to be resourceful and efficient when seeking out information to solve problems and/or resolve ambiguous situations.
- 2+ years of administrative support experience in a fast-paced corporate environment. Financial services experience preferred.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience managing a high-volume and dynamic calendar for multiple team or organization members. Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully supported C-level or department leads.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills with a commitment to achieving high accuracy, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small approach.
- Ease with people, underpinned by strong emotional intelligence to build trusted relationships across business and personal networks on behalf of the CIO and his family.
- An ability to seek out information, driven to learn with a resourceful and self-starter mindset. Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to seek out information with guidance from others.
- Prides themselves in their accountability, earning their colleagues' trust by being reliable daily.
- Able to take direction and execute tasks while proactively thinking about bottlenecks before they occur.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with CRM’s, databases, and similar platforms for information management.
$70,000 - $90,000 bimonthly
The minimum and maximum base annual salary for this role is $70,000 to $90,000 USD. Actual base salaries may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience, past performance, education, and other job-related factors. In addition to base salary compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, and successful candidates are eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus.