Senior Product Manager, Apps team
Remote (United States) /
The legal system in the US is cumbersome and expensive. This results in millions of people having limited access to justice. Our mission at Casetext is to fix this. We identified inefficient and expensive legal research as one of the main culprits of the problem. We are using innovative search technology to deliver well-designed researcher-centered solutions to address the issue.
Our product has resonated with the legal community. So far our research platform is used by 9,000 firms, from solo practitioners to Am Law 100. We have an NPS score of 63 and $9M in ARR. Our goal going forward is to go beyond this group of early adopters and cross into the mainstream of legal professionals.
To help us on this journey of growth we are looking for an exceptional senior product manager to join our team and lead our application development efforts.
Why join Casetext
Worthy problem: You will be solving a problem, lack of access to justice, that is absolutely worth solving.
Good timing: You will be joining a rocket-ship right as it is about to take-off. Most of the risk around not finding product-market fit has already been retired. We now need to grow and scale.
Real ownership: You will not be treated as a project manager. We want you to have real ownership of driving user value and business outcomes.
Remote-first: You will be joining a remote first company. No need to relocate or to commute.
We expect you to develop a comprehensive understanding of the market and the target user. To do so you will (i) participate in and lead user research sessions; (ii) take courses on the law in general and legal research in particular; (iii) attend conferences (roughly once a quarter); (iv) have complete command of our data.
We expect you to drive metric-driven outcomes. Using your understanding of the market and our users you should be able (i) to identify product opportunities; (ii) evaluate and prioritize them; (iii) identify the risks and put together mitigation roadmaps; (iv) work with designers and engineers to build solutions; (v) work with marketing, support and sales to promote your solutions; (vi) use qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate how things are going; and (vii) iterate on your solutions.
We expect you to contribute to short-term and long-term product strategy and roadmap planning.
Things we don't want you to do:
- We don’t want you to write long product requirement documents. Your job is to deliver results not internal documents. A good PRD is a short PRD.
- We don’t want you thinking that your primary responsibility is to be a project manager. We don’t want you to just meet deadlines for the sake of meeting deadlines. We have good engineering leaders. They can handle that part of the job. We want you to drive outcomes.
- We don’t want you to say yes because someone higher up asked for something. You should be a guardian of focus. You should listen to all ideas with an open mind but feel comfortable saying no to those that don’t help with our current priorities. You should be able to do this regardless of whether the CEO or an intern originated the idea.
Things we are looking for:
- Product management chops and experience.
- Evidence of strategic thinking.
- Evidence of delivering outcomes.
- Ability to work with designers and engineers.
- A good command of UX.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A legal background preferred but not required (eg. practiced as an attorney, went to law school but never practiced, worked at a legal tech startup).
- Entrepreneurial experience either as a founder or an early employee, preferred but not required.
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.