Remote (United States) /
About the Company
Casetext is a fast-growing legal technology company tackling the $6 billion U.S. legal research market and advancing the cause of justice by empowering all attorneys to provide high-quality, efficient, and affordable representation to their clients. Our award winning research platform helps millions of users access and understand the law every month, and our AI-powered search tools are at the cutting edge of search technology. Casetext is backed by Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, 8VC, Y Combinator and Touchdown Ventures.
About the Role
Casetext is hiring our first ever Lead Recruiter! You will be joining the company at an exciting high growth moment, helping us build out the Talent Acquisition function and define our talent brand at Casetext. This role will be foundational to the company’s success by helping us attract and hire extraordinary people who share our vision, focusing on building out our revenue teams and spearheading hiring across the business. Reporting directly to the COO, this position will partner with the executive team to build and execute on a fast-paced, transparent, and inclusive hiring process that delivers a superb experience for candidates and hirings teams alike.
As Lead Recruiter you will:
- Build the end-to-end recruiting processes, from sourcing to screening to hiring.
- Guide candidates through the process, keeping them informed, engaged, and excited about Casetext.
- Maintain a diverse pipeline of candidates using creative and varied sourcing channels.
- Be a strategic partner with hiring managers and key stakeholders. Understand hiring needs and translate their goals into an effective, efficient hiring process.
- Work with a sense of urgency, mobilizing hiring teams to move fast and attract in-demand candidates.
- Maintain data integrity and report recruiting metrics as needed.
- Represent the company with integrity, professionalism, and good humor.
- 4+ years of relevant experience either in-house or agency, including experience building out a recruiting strategy. Startup experience is a plus.
- Experience sourcing candidates for sales roles preferred.
- Proven ability to attract passive candidates and build a diverse candidate pipeline.
- Excellent judgment and ability to evaluate candidates in alignment with company and hiring manager goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills, follow-through, and a keen eye for detail.
- Flexibility; you shift nimbly when priorities change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System like Greenhouse or Lever.
- Competitive compensation in equity and salary
- Exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team
- You’ll be a leader at a fast-growing start-up, take on a lot of responsibility, and play a substantial role in the future of the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance is covered for you, and we cover 50% for spouses and dependents
- 401k plan
- Professional development budget
- Flexible, remote-first work culture
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- We’re a close-knit team of smart, driven people who really enjoy working together
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.