Product / UI / UX Designer
San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York (or remote)
Casetext is looking for a Product / UI / UX Designer to join us in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, or remotely.
Casetext is changing how the law is practiced using design and artificial intelligence. Working with the law means impacting ever industry and every aspect of society. For example, the world's most talented attorneys are using Casetext to more effectively fight for justice and equality in the nation's top courts. Similarly, attorneys representing everyday folks in court write in to tell us things like, "your software literally saved my client's life."
Casetext is redesigning the law
Casetext has been praised by lawyers at top firms for its “dead simple interface” and “amazing technology” and described as “one of the coolest products I've used in the last 20 years.” Casetext has been named one of the most innovative companies by the Wold Economic Forum, The Financial Times, Forbes, The National Law Journal and many others.
Lawyers love Casetext because we're build tools that solve the most significant pain points in legal research. We focus on design that solves the underlying problems lawyers encounter in their day-to-day work. This often means developing technologies and design patterns that don't yet exist.
Why design at Casetext?
Casetext is small, tight-knit team inventing a new way for lawyers to work. We're also a diverse group that deeply values a thoughtful, productive, respectful, and collaborative work environment.
As designers, we get to do things at Casetext we wouldn’t get to do elsewhere:
- Design new UI/UX patterns for an entire industry
- Ship our work early and often
- Hold responsibility for every step of the design process, from sketch to research to the final pixels. Designers at Casetext often lead the projects they work on.
- Think long-term about how we will change our users’ lives in 1, 5, and 10 years
- Frequently collaborate with talented team members from across the company
- Work to deeply understand the needs of attorneys and communicate those needs to the company
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into effective, well-designed tools for our customers
- Develop creative, design-led solutions the core problems lawyers face every day
- Partner with other designers, engineers and attorneys to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception top launch
- Help to define the strategic vision for our products and services
- Help to build a collaborative environment
Applicants for this position should have...
- A portfolio that showcases thoughtful, creative work that has shipped
- Examples of your ability to collaborate with a team to produce high-quality products and experiences
- Two or more years of professional product/UX design experience
- Some combination of UX-, visual-, and interaction-design skills; we’re looking for generalists
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience in fast-paced environments
- Ability to write/work/design in environments that incorporate HTML/CSS/JS
- Interest or experience in the law, policy, social justice, and/or how people research and learn
- A varied background and/or outside interests; we like working with people who can use their expertise in other areas to inform their work
Our benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Strong mentorship opportunities
- Unlimited PTO, maternity/paternity leave, and flexible work arrangements
- Casetext covers public transportation costs (our SF offices is across the street from the 4th & King Caltrain stop, and steps away from MUNI and BART, and NYC office in Brooklyn), and offer Lyft credits for your commute
- A generous budget to pick out whatever technology and software setup suits you best
- Casetext employees have catered lunch together every day, and our office features all the snacks and coffee you can consume
Casetext makes tools that help lawyers represent their clients and win in court. Lawyers at many of the top law firms in America use Casetext every day.
We’re currently around 30 people strong, and have raised a series B led by some of the best VCs in the country. Our team includes attorneys from top law firms, award-winning designers, visionary engineers, and veteran marketers.
Our team is made up of talented, dedicated people. We each value our respective crafts, and we take the time to teach and learn from others. We have varied backgrounds and interests – from board game design to college basketball and everything in between – and the work-life balance to pursue them. We take pride in the fact that all of our teams, including our leadership team, reflect our commitment to diverse workplace environment.
Casetext actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.