San Francisco, CA
Casetext is looking for a Product Manager to join us at our SoMa, San Francisco office.
Casetext empowers attorneys to do their best work and to fight injustice. Our goal is to make the best tools for lawyers to research, read, and understand the law.
Casetext is reinventing the practice of law
Casetext has been praised by lawyers at top firms for its “dead simple interface” and “amazing technology” and described as “one of the coolest products I've used in the last 20 years.”
Lawyers love Casetext because we listen to their problems and create effective solutions to those problems, and they buy us because we solve the underlying problems they encounter in their day-to-day work.
Why be a product manager at Casetext?
Casetext is small, tight-knit team inventing a new way for lawyers to work.
As a PM, you'll get to do things at Casetext you wouldn’t get to do elsewhere:
1. Build new ways of working for a specific group of professionals. You will talk to lawyers, watch them work, and understand every aspect of their lives.
2. Grow a strong team, including hiring, shaping our product-development processes, and deciding how we prioritize.
3. Ship work early and often.
4. Hold end-to-end responsibility for features.
5. Think long-term about how we will change our users’ lives in 1, 5, and 10 years.
- Help define product vision and strategy, and work with our world-class engineering, data science, and design teams to bring that vision to life.
- Lead a team through the product development process, from ideating and designing, to writing user stories for the engineers, to building and rolling out the product, to tracking its success post-launch.
- Conduct user interviews to make sure we’re delivering a product our users love.
- Manage analytics to learn what is working well and how our product needs to improve.
- Experience as a product manager, or in a similar role that has prepared you to ship great products.
- Ability to combine designs, business requirements, and your own specifications define to something our engineers can actually build.
- Extraordinarily detail-oriented and organized, and comfortable managing many moving pieces.
- Leadership; the ability to mobilize people to work together, deliver on objectives, and excel -- even if you are not officially their “boss.”
- Coordinate leadership, design, engineering, data science, and other teams around your vision.
- Excited to build a beautiful, high-impact product that will help lawyers represent their clients and fight injustice.
- Authorized to work in the US (sorry, we can’t sponsor your visa!)