Backend Cloud Developer
Remote (Exclusive To Canada) /
Full Time - Permanent
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you.
The Cloud Platform (CP) team is creating a platform software, a set of core services that help internal and external developers in building a wide range of applications to automate tasks for accounting firms.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
- You will participate in Architecture discussions, be part of the messaging on the work planned and breaking down the work so the squad can deliver in a team oriented culture.
- You will be supporting the Development Manager, leading by example within the squad, ensuring the squad books meetings, facilitating to break barriers.
- Keep up to date with best practices and help mentor the squad to embrace better ways of making software.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
- Facilitate the design discussions for the features your Agile squad undertakes.
- Keep your team’s technical architecture documentation up to date and are able to quickly generate any integration architectures into your system.
- Develop quality software on a 3-tier web application that is transitioning to a scalable cloud solution focusing on Java Spring Boot microservices and Cloud Native development.
- Driving cross-team projects requiring collaboration.
- Provide mentorship to the other developers on your team through your development, code reviews, and having them lead design, documentation, and other initiatives as appropriate.
- Able to quickly learn and master new technologies.
- Drive operational excellence by identifying and eliminating persistent root causes for problems that affect your customers and team.
- Represent your team when working with Team Leads, CloudOps, Product, Design, and all other external stakeholders.
- Own features from design through to implementation.
The tech stack you’ll be working with:
- Microservice and Serverless Architecture
- Nx dev tools for monorepos
- Java/Spring Boot
- AWS (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS services), Lambda, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, EKS, API Gateway
- Our devs prefer to use IntelliJ (IDEA)
- We use GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.)
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.