Software Development Manager (Romania)
Cluj, Romania /
Development – SE Platform /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
Caseware is a product-driven company, that supports accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality, and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success in building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. Caseware is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you!
The SE team is responsible for building a feature-rich business-critical application that also serves as a platform for third-party development. We are solving really interesting engineering challenges like allowing third-party seamless extensibility of the UI or reflecting multi-users changes across all clients in real-time. In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of strategic and operational activities for this complex product and platform.
❗ Please note: this role is NOT a B2B contract. This is a Full-Time permanent role with Caseware International Inc.
Cristian Cireasa - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
We are looking for someone who has:
- 2 - 4 years of development experience, 3-5 years of management experience
- Recent experience managing a team of 3-5 developers.
- Demonstrated strength in technical management and a history of direct contribution to complex technical projects
- Experience with complex SaaS products running in a public cloud
- Shown ownership of all aspects of managing multiple development managers in charge of agile squads of developers in the delivery of modern cloud software
- Strong initiative to improve processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality
What you will be doing:
- Manage Software Development Managers and key individuals directly working on the back-end systems that power Caseware Cloud
- Apply technical expertise and management know-how to facilitate the growth of our staff and the development of our products
- Work closely with People Ops to identify and hire technical resources for the team
- Coordinate technical meetings with appropriate staff from the team and the other teams at Caseware and represent the team to external stakeholders as a senior technical manager
- Ensure technical and process documentation is kept up-to-date
- Understand the architecture and key technical concepts and be able to guide technical design discussions
- Focus on operational efficiency, maximizing developer productive time, and operational costs of tools and infrastructure
- Coordinate with senior management across TechOps, Development, Testing, and Product
- Manage the 24/7 On Call Rotation
- Being at least 60% hands-on.
FYI Our technical stack for SE Platform includes:
- Java 11, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Gateway, AWS components (S3, Secret Manager, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, EKS, etc.), CloudFormation, Terraform, Junit, New Relic, Jira, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, IntelliJ IDEA, Github
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.