Integration Software Developer
Canadian Distributor /
Full Time - Permanent
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
CaseWare has been a leading provider of software to help the internal and external audit market for the last 30 years. We’re now expanding our software suite by making new and exciting cloud-based applications.
CaseWare has embarked on an ambitious new path of innovative, cloud-based technology solutions, building on our successful, proven track record of delivering global accounting and auditing solutions to the Windows Desktop. Focused on creating cloud based audit and accounting solutions. As the Integration Software Developer you’ll get to work with a team of Developers, Testers, and Product Owners building innovative solutions. This is an opportunity to work with APIs and take ownership on implementing the integration with CaseWare software and our clients software to get the data they need!
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
- Facilitate technical discussions within your own team as across other teams at CaseWare around design, processes and testing
- Research and explore new technologies, code libraries and products we may wish to adopt or integrate with
- Improve processes, tools, methodologies and product quality
Highlight of your responsibilities:
- Writing integrations with 3rd party APIs
- Work with external vendors and APIs to build a rich ecosystem of integrations with CaseWare’s product ecosystem
- As a member of our engineering team, you will be called upon to be a Jack/Jill-of-all-Trades
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation and take initiative to respond to operational issues
We are looking for someone who:
- Is comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Is experienced in developing production-grade Node.js code and writing unit tests for your work
- Has the ability to pick up new coding languages when necessary
- Has professional experience writing integrations with 3rd party APIs using a variety of paradigms (REST, RPC, GraphQL, WebHooks, WebSockets, etc)
- Has a strong ability to prioritize and focus
- Is proactive, resourceful and self-educating
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a track record of collaboration with engineers and non-engineers
Added bonus if you have:
- An understanding of accounting, auditing and/or financial concepts
- Experience with accounting and/or ERP systems
- Experience with other server-side languages
- Client development experience (HTML, Typescript, Angular)
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.