Software Developer in Test - Hybrid Cloud
Remote (Exclusive To Canada) /
Engineering – Hybrid Cloud Team /
Full Time - Permanent
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving
- Assist with defining and implementing a test automation stack that enables the creation, execution and maintenance of well defined test suites.
- Lead analysis for improving the test team's best practices, release velocity, and production health.
- Increase the automation of tasks and expand test coverage through both new and existing infrastructure.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
- Possess core automation skills and an understanding of frameworks and tools for web application and SDK testing.
- Create proof of concepts , facilitate design discussions within the team, come up with strategies to lay path forward.
- Hands-on experience in programming languages - Java, Python for the purpose of creation of test scripts and maintainability of code.
- Experience with API testing for functional, performance and automated testing using applicable tools and frameworks, e.g. Postman, RestAssured, JMeter.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and bring in some best practices.
- Understanding of microservices-based architecture and databases (SQL and noSQL).
- Experience working with DevOps to provide automation on CI/CD.
- Experience with clearly defining, reporting and validating defects.
- Contribute to process improvement and company knowledge base.
The tech stack you’ll be working with
- Backend Test Framework - Rest Assured + Java (Programming languages) + Cucumber(BDD).
- Performance Test Tool - JMeter/Gatling.
- Version Control, CI/CD Tools - GitHub, Jenkins, GitHub Actions.
- IDE’s & Editors - IntelliJ, WebStorm, PyCharm.
- Kibana,ElasticSearch, New Relic for application logs.
- LucidChart for diagrams & collaboration.
- JIRA to manage our backlog - Scrum or Kanban.
- We use GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.).
- Slack for internal and external communication.
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.