Senior Software Developer (C++)
Engineering – Hybrid Cloud Team /
Full Time - Permanent
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
As CaseWare continues to evolve in the Software as a Service workspace we are looking for people who can help us on this journey. The CaseWare Hybrid Cloud team delivers the market-leading cloud-integrated desktop auditing solution, along with process mining, and data warehousing applications. We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (C++) to help us on our journey and come and grow with us.
- Own features from design through to implementation.
- Work in an agile team with other developers, testers, and the product owner to build innovative, high-quality, scalable solutions.
- Participate in and document the analysis/design of new product upgrades and roll-outs.
- Research and explore new technologies, third-party libraries, and frameworks to improve product quality.
- Participate in cross-functional code walkthroughs/reviews and maintain coding standards.
- Author technical documentation.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and take initiative to respond to operational issues.
- Is experienced with C++, Java and Spring Boot and loves diving into new backend technologies when the opportunity arises
- Understands the fundamentals of OOP
- Has experience with microservices architecture
- Is experienced with using Rest APIs
- Has experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrates initiative to improve processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality
- Has strong communication and collaboration skills
- Takes individual ownership and responsibility for tasks
- Believes successful product delivery takes a team effort
- Has a growth-mindset and values constant feedback from our customers and teams
- Wants to work on and solve difficult technical challenges
- Is an effective coach and mentor
- Demonstrates a passion to take on new challenges in a fast-changing environment.
- Takes their work seriously, but not themselves too seriously.
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.