Senior Java Developer - Server side, Cloud (Romania)
Cluj, Romania /
Development – SE Platform /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
Caseware is a product-driven company, that supports accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality, and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success in building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. Caseware is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you!
The SE team is responsible for building a feature-rich business-critical application that also serves as a platform for third-party development. We are solving really interesting engineering challenges like allowing third-party seamless extensibility of the UI or reflecting multi-users changes across all clients in real-time. In this role, you will also be extending the platform’s base functionality with the development of well-designed features.
❗ Please note: this role is NOT a B2B contract. This is a Full-Time permanent role with Caseware International Inc.
In this role, you will be reporting to:
Anna Levitskaia - Senior Software Manager
Dana Liulica - Talent Acquisition Partner
We are looking for someone who has:
- In-depth and extensive experience with Java. You know the complexity of server-side Java, and might even be viewed as a bit of a Subject Matter Expert on all things Java
- Experience with complex projects in the public cloud (AWS preferred)
- Good experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Proven experience contributing to, and taking ownership of important architectural decisions
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, like MongoDB
- Strong initiative to improve processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality
- Experience working in an agile team with other developers, testers, and product owners to build an innovative, high-quality, scalable solution
- The ability to take ownership, and show strong critical thinking abilities in dealing with a complex codebase. You will need to be able to devise solutions, work on technical design, and collaborate with product owners on technical feasibility from a back-end perspective
What you will be doing:
- You will be a core contributor on the SE Platform, and you will be able to have a direct impact on the value that Caseware delivers to our customers and distribution partners globally
- You will be collaborating with a team possessed of deep technical experience and strong domain knowledge. You like to brainstorm and share ideas!
- You will have ownership of key features and architectural improvements, from top to bottom, from design through to build, using modern and leading-edge technology and architecture
- You will have many opportunities to take initiative, and truly make an impact with your work!
What's in it for you?
- We place a high value on creativity, ingenuity, and willingness to push the boundaries. Your voice will be heard!
- You will work with the most current tech stack, including Java 11, Springboot, Spring Cloud Gateway, AWS components (S3, Secret Manager, Lambda, SQS, SMS, DynamoDB, EKS, etc.), CloudFormation, Terraform, Junit, New Relic, Jira, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, IntelliJ IDEA, Github
- You will have ownership and a great opportunity to make a substantial impact!
- Caseware is currently in a very exciting new chapter of growth. We offer the best of both worlds: a dynamic, entrepreneurial company culture, with the stability and maturity that comes with 34 years of success!
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.