Full Time - Permanent
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
As CaseWare continues to evolve with new technologies, we are always looking to innovate and bring the efficiencies of Cloud-based solutions to our customers.
As a Product Owner, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the work undertaken by your squad within the team. Working closely with your squad of developers and QA, you will have the crucial responsibility of keeping the squad focused on building innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
You will be a part of our Cloud Platform team, which is responsible for creating best-in-class offerings our users love. You will be a member of a team consisting of four squads all committed to working together to achieve our goal of offering innovative solutions to users around the globe. The Cloud Platform Team is a welcoming team that values everyone’s inputs and ideas.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
Identify and execute on the needs of our international distributors to help them create a compelling product offering in their local markets.
You’ll get to work on scaling CaseWare Cloud to integrate with some of the leading 3rd party systems.
Who you will work with:
Members of Cloud Platform
- Working with the Product Manager, ensure that the roadmap aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, and the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans. Research and apply regulations and governing standards to product requirements
- Foster an environment that promotes innovation. Think beyond what the customer is asking for and design what the customer hasn't even considered.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX and design developers to develop, test (validate), and deliver requirements to the squad. Drive the end-to-end feature and product delivery cycle ensuring the product meets our high-quality standards.
- Lead and manage backlog refinement and sprint planning sessions and drive solutions to completion working with Agile teams
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. The product plays a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders as well as between platforms and solutions to ensure requirements are delivered. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Assist marketing and sales with the value proposition and target market.
- Determine metrics that should be used to measure the success of the sprint and product.
- Will be a highly motivated proactive contributor and subject matter expert on the product
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative products
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated passion for technology
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare's core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at email@example.com.