Cloud Security Engineer
Cluj, Romania /
Technology – Security /
Full Time - Permanent
Caseware is one of Canada's original Fintech companies, having led the global audit and accounting software industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages. While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
Are you an experienced engineer with cloud infrastructure experience looking to future-proof your career and deep dive into AWS? Does endless tech toil vex you? Are you the type that would rather fix it once than repair it 50 times? If so, we have a role for you.
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join us and be a key member for building and improving infrastructure achieving the best possible reliability, security, scalability, and operational excellence to support our software. A successful Engineer considers the resiliency and stability of the production systems their primary focus, yet at the same time is committed to operational improvement and technology advancement. You will work in close partnership with product development teams to lead and support business objectives and infrastructure projects on an enterprise basis covering clients from around the world.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Working closely with your peers across CaseWare, you will champion "Production Quality", and be instrumental in building cutting-edge cloud solutions.
- You will drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation and orchestration.
- Manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on Amazon servicing clients from around the world
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into our service as necessary
- Develop, maintain, and enforce SLI/SLO to ensure service and infrastructure availability.
- Continuously evaluate and tune the monitoring and alerting to enable proactive incident management.
- Ensure SOP and infrastructure security are in compliance with ISO 27K / SOC by working in tandem with the SecOps teams.
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed.
- Contribute to the creation of standards, policies, and other technology guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working in an Infrastructure-as-Code environment using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with key technologies and services offered in AWS (EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, RDS, SQS, Route 53, etc.).
- Experience configuring and monitoring AWS Security artifacts such as WAF, ALB/ELB, Guard Duty, SSM, Config, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Inspector, Detective among others.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies, like Docker and Kubernetes, and experience in building systems in a microservice environment
- Strong networking knowledge in either cloud or on-prem deployments; experience with designing networks utilizing load balancers and proxies such as nginx, Apache, HAProxy etc.
- Strong scripting experience in both Windows and Linux environments with languages like Python and Bash
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools such as NewRelic, ELK, Zabbix, Grafana etc.
- Strong Windows and Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills, including solid knowledge of how the various components work (kernel, CPU, memory, disk, network, AD etc)
- Experienced working with GitHub and Github actions
- Hands-on experience with both relational and non-relational database systems (e.g. MS SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Demonstrated security interest and experience in two or more of the following security areas: network security, cloud security, security analytics, and incident response
- Understanding the basic building blocks of a resilient and scalable software
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to write clear technical documentation
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, Caseware is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made Caseware so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.